OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Thanks pat tekker cat. Good suggestions. I'm just wondering why they are not responding yet. I know they are pack minded. School is getting out and stuff so I guess they are busy planning their summers as well as detecting ok. PEACE:RONB

ResidentialPyro

Greenie
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio / Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont get as much time on here as I like but I love to read the forums and learn as much as possible. Im 19 and have wanted to be a treasure hunter since I could hold a trowel. I do coin roll hunting and anything else I can do without a md machine (cant afford yet but fingers crossed) and enjoy the thrill of the hunt/find!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
My pops used to say you are only as old as you act, he also said when you start acting old, then you will feel old.
But hey I started swinging a coil at a time when the detector was almost as big as I was, not sure exactly about 38 years ago. it would be a pleasant change to see more youth involved in the hobby. times have changed though, modern gadgets that provide instant gratification have really reduced the numbers for the younger crowd to take up a hobby that often takes a lot of patience.

Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I have a 13 year old "assistant" (his mom is a friend of my wife) -- that I have trained in the art of dirt fishing for the last 1 1/2 or so (best find to date --a 1832 "O' dime ) -- I have also taught him "real" fishing to the point he is a state of Florida certified * ELITE ANGLER ( 1 TROPHY CLASS CATCH each of 10 DIFFERANT SPECIES) its the states highest award --along the way he made MASTER ANGLER ( 1 TROPHY FISH OF 5 DIFFERANT SPECIES) --a BREAM SLAM -- (1 EACH OF 4 DIFFERANT SUNFISH TYPE FISH IN THE SAME DAY) AND HAS A TOTAL OF OVER 40 TROPHY CLASS FISH CAUGHT SO FAR ...

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a 13 year old "assistant" (his mom is a friend of my wife) -- that I have trained in the art of dirt fishing for the last 1 1/2 or so -- I have also taught him "real" fishing to the point he is a state of Florida certified * ELITE ANGLER ( 1 TROPHY CLASS CATCH each of 10 DIFFERANT SPECIES) its the states highest award --along the way he made MASTER ANGLER ( 1 TROPHY FISH OF 5 DIFFERANT SPECIES) --a BREAM SLAM -- (1 EACH OF 4 DIFFERANT SUNFISH TYPE FISH IN THE SAME DAY) AND HAS A TOTAL OF OVER 40 TROPHY CLASS FISH CAUYGHT SO FAR ...
Well done!

sent from a potato...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yah -- his dad is sadly a --- support dodging "mia" type ,, but the kid loves me like a father .. he is a good kid for the most part . still a teenager though..

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
He is lucky to have you in his life. Your influence just might be the best thing that ever happens to him.

sent from a potato...

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33, eh not young but hey.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Guys; I'm sorry I have not kept track of this thread I started here. I have been dealing with some serious back issues including paralysis but I'm back up now. So, I want to welcome those who have Posted in my absence and I look forward to hearing from all you guys here. I started when I was 11 and never looked back. I'm 56 now and still out there detecting as much as possible.
Suggestion : Tell us how you guys got started and stuff like what is your best find or best experience while detecting. Come on guys, I know you can do it and I bet you all have some great stories to share ok. I, WE await your replies.
PEACE:RONB :headbang:

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; To start things off I will stat a new thread and share my story. How I got started and my experiences over the years including my greatest finds. I'm doing this to encourage all you younger guys to share your stories ok. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread