New to metel detecting / treasure hunting

Ochoco

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
This site is great! I have learned a lot of information and recently purchased an ACE 250.

My first week I have found 3 bucks in clad and a lot of pull tabs and other junk, I have also learned some of the ethics of metal detecting from you guys filling holes and how to leave no trace or mess behind.

Hope to be making some of the finds I see posted Spring is a great time of year here in Oregon.

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
good luck and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds here on the site. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. We are more than happy to help a new detectorist out.

C'mon Spring!!!

Funkman

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Have seen some great finds in Oregon. Wish I had been into MDing when I lived there. Best of luck.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and here's to lots of successful hunts ahead!

Nat

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Welcome!!

I am impressed with you already, because of your concern for the ethics and responsibility of each of us in this hobby. When I go into an area, especially public places, I make it a point to pick up any and all trash I see on the surface. I also fill in holes, No matter how or who they were made by ( P.R. )

We should be leaving the area with more junk in our pouch than goodies, in most cases. And, whenever I see pictures of detectorists in the field without pouches on, I have to wonder where they put their finds and junk.

OK!!! I'm down off the stump now!

Good luck and Happy Hunting!!

OP
OP
O

Ochoco

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for all the welcomes hope to post some of my finds in the near future.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Welcome and remember to also carry spare batteries.

Burt

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Ochoco and heck...I even like to see good pull tabs..lets see the finds..lol HH

G

garbage digger

Welcome from southern Washington. You chose a good detector to start on. Hope to see some of you're finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread