Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mr. Glock goes with me everywhere, especially when I'm carrying a $600 metal detector.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Open carry. Won't leave home without it. Had cops called several times, now they just don't bother responding. They call me to see if I'm out locating if someone cries.

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just as I wear my seat belt - its not that I am expecting to get in a crash but because it could save my life (and I was wearing a seat belt before the nanny gov't told me I had to). Carrying ensures I can defend myself against a threat, whether a rapid fox or some guy who is bent on doing harm.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
I carry probably half the time I'm out detecting...probably 80-90% of the time while I'm just out and about normally. Always concealed.

I've never been in that dangerous of a situation or one that called for me to "unconceal" it so to speak.

However, I live by these words...

"I'd rather HAVE it and not need it...than NEED it and not have it."

Ask yourself this...In the US each year, there are roughly 12,000+ homicides each year. Of those homicides...how many of those people were legally carrying firearms when they became a victim of homicide???

My guess... not many of those victims were legally carrying firearms or they probably would have defended themselves.

We also DO NOT KNOW how many people each year do not become victims of homicide or violent crime BECAUSE they were armed and avoided becoming a victim.

There are probably thousands of people each year who protect themselves (in some way) with firearms or deter crime in general...the media just chooses not to report on those stories. Listen closely, you'll realize it too. Whenever people use guns for crime prevention, those stories get swept under the rug or are chosen not to be covered.

DH24

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wouldn't carry even if I could, come what may..to die is to gain.

Mike

They might kill me. But I'll take some of them with me.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, always!! Between the two legged and four legged critters and there are the critters that slither with rattles too! A BUNCH OF REASONS TO CARRY AND NO REASON NOT TO!

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
every time my .45 is just like American express don't leave home without it

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious, have any of you ever felt depressed before ?

Mike

Does when my first marriage fell apart with 2 small children count, or when I lost 16 years of retirement and 401 k worth over $250k when the company I was working for went bankrupt or my home still being underwater 6 years after housing bubble broke....

My friend I choose not to dwell on the bad and instead to look for the good still out there....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
"ya never know" Frank...-
Untill it's to late!
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's my point TH, I believe we all have felt depressed, and for that reason alone I cannot legally carry, so much for rights.

Mike

Of course we have all felt depressed. We are all adults! Lol! Mike, I'm not sure what your going through but brighter days are in your future if you choose to allow it to be. Dwelling on problems for months or years only hurts you. Life's too short for that...

sent from a potato...

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have considered carrying but don't at this time. Personally, I would be more likely to carry in town where there are more people than in the woods.

Those of you who carry in the woods, why do you carry there? There shouldn't be any potential human threats there (if you're deep enough in the woods). I can understand why you would want to protect yourself against animal attacks. I'm not disagreeing with your choice, I just want to understand it.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't carry. Hopefully I'll never regret this. In my part of this country, no bears, cougars, rattle snakes, etc.
I do have a few "home protection" items though.
Thanks for the responses. Be safe!
Peace...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend of mine got bit twice by rabid animals. Two different animals, in the same month, and had to undergo the shots twice. Another friend's horse broke it's leg way back in the pucker brush, and the horse had to suffer while he walked out to get a gun, and return to put it out of it's misery. I don't always kill every predator or every rattle snake, depends on the location, but I have a firearm available if needed. I'd rather have it and never need it, than to need it and never have it. Besides, I like to shoot, and many many times when out with friends, hunting or fishing or what ever, we end up shooting for the fun of it. I think that's natural, guys and guns together, there is going to be some bragging and one thing leads to another. It's fun, you ought to try it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread