Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't legally poses one? But if your wife has one and your in the same house/room....that's still OK?

And what the happened to the other gun thread?
TH .. Took it down and locked it the post's on it were getting out of hand..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, move it to the political forum!:icon_thumright:

I locked it then later on took it down because members were not heeding the multiple warnings to leave politics and insults out of it ....

I can only move threads to politics forum if the OP is a charter member otherwise they are quarantined...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish I could legally possess them..

Depending on the nature and severity of the charge and your current lifestyle you may be able to regain a legal right to posses firearms.

Relief From Firearms Disability, Relief From Weapons Disability or something similar depending on the State.

You need to file a "Motion for Relief From Disability" with the court that sentenced you to a felony charge. Most States have a process one must follow, but what it comes down to is, if have a single charge from 20 years ago and have led an upstanding life since, you have a chance of regaining your "legal" right to posses firearms. Unfortunately if you have Federal charges they are not processing any applications for Relief From Disability due to a lack of funding.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused on where this one came from!:icon_scratch:

Maybe, I'll have to read a few pages back. lol

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great question OV that I'd actually love to know the answer to. I'm not sure how that works. I know felons can't be in a house with guns, but people with my issue, I don't know.

BC

I saw this after I posted my other reply, lol! :laughing7:

Felons cannot be around firearms, but keep in mind anybody who provides a felon access to one is liable and can be charged with a number of crimes.

If you have a condition that prevents you from buying a firearm but is not a felony you are allowed to be around them.

It may vary from State to State and without the details it's hard to provide an answer specifically suited to your situation.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nugs Bunny ��, I just read a recent reply of yours, just up �� there, concerning restoration of rights.
It's true. A childhood friend was convicted of a "breaking and entering" in 1983. He had just turned 18. He was sent to prison, did his time and has since been a good, not exemplary, citizen. A few years ago, whilst applying for a new job, the decades old felony showed itself. This incident weighed so heavily that an "expunging" of record ensued. After thousands of dollars, record was expunged and said friend can now carry.
Peace ✌

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep ALL politics out of thread, also no insults if someone disagrees with a view...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or, you can just get lucky. A friend of mine got into some trouble, hanging around the wrong crowd. This was around 1986-7. Last year he had an extensive background check done for a job. Nothing. He was honest, said 2 class C felonies sir. They checked at the courthouse, the jail had the DA check, nope. This was before computers.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Or, you can just get lucky. A friend of mine got into some trouble, hanging around the wrong crowd. This was around 1986-7. Last year he had an extensive background check done for a job. Nothing. He was honest, said 2 class C felonies sir. They checked at the courthouse, the jail had the DA check, nope. This was before computers.

Yup, he got lucky for sure.

Sent from a empty soda can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread