I have found acache onthis property butyet icant finda coin past1970 ona1802 property

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What am I doing wrong i don't understand I don't did every signal but most i do why u name it used to be a farm so sugest somthing and I'll tell u if they had one and I searched it or they never had one or if i never seen one 49 acres to hi through
Translation attempt.
What am I doing wrong? I don't understand. I don't dig every signal but most I do. Why you name?<unsure of this query maybe the author will attempt to define the name> It used to be a farm. <according to the topic I'm guessing this is were the cache was found and why as an 1800's farm no coins later than 1970 have been found... but what about the cache?> So *members here?* suggest something <maybe they are looking for a cache or older coins> and I'll tell you if they *the farmers?* had something. And I searched it *huhh?*. Or they never had one. <no cache or no older coins?> Or I've never seen one 49 acres <maybe never seen a 49 acre farm or never saw the cache or older coins... speculation> Too High Though. <most likely to smoked to much weed and is eyeing a bag of cheetoo's or the refrigerator just now>

Now I'm not trying to be mean only trying to derive meaning from a poorly written post.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
D-dancer, thanx for the translation attempt. I couldn't make heads-nor-tails of it either.

Someone finds a cache, why's he complaining? ha! Complaining that subsequent to that case, any individual coins are new, not old ? I think that's what he's asking ???

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, dictated to a cell with a bad connection....maybe?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I sound like that when I have had too much to drink... I mean, when some idiot has "over served" me... it's also somebody else's fault when I find myself intoxicated.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What am I doing wrong i don't understand I don't did every signal but most i do why u name it used to be a farm so sugest somthing and I'll tell u if they had one and I searched it or they never had one or if i never seen one 49 acres to hi through



???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(DELETED BY MOD)

Please remember rules, no insults....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolteon you have to get the coil over a target to be able to find something...Keep searching. ..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I have found a cache on this property but yet I can't find a coin past 1970 on a 1802 property" (edited)

If you've found a cache on the property then what are you looking for or expecting?

My buddy and I MD'd a fraction of an old wagon trail this weekend behind my house that was used from the early 1800's also. It's maybe 1.5 miles long. And all we found was old wagon parts, oxen shoes, horseshoes and pieces of old chain. And if Frank or I (Brad) found a cache of coins we wouldn't be wondering why we didn't find a coin past 1800!!!!!!! So obviously your "cache" was a bunch of coins newer than the 1970's...??? What are you looking for past your found cache?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were a very fortunate young man to find a cache so early on in your metal detecting hobby, and I know that you have posted about other places inside and outside the house that you wanted to search. But, even if it is an old property, that doesn't necessarily mean that there are more coins to be found. Maybe the owner guarded his cash so closely that individual coins were never dropped, and the cache you found was the only one. If you are starting to get frustrated, branch out to parks or other property you can get permission to hunt.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
89801-If-Youre-Nice-To-Me-Ill-Be-Nice-To-You.jpg ........... Be Nice to Your kids.jpg

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Lol I think jolteon talks like me in long ramblings. I gotta go through and put in my periods and commas In so it makes sence to me. It's hard when English speaking is so much differently put together than English grammar.

Maybe auto txt was messin around??

Hope u got a hoard or are close to one:)

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Punctuation is an amazing thing. :laughing7:

G

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It is not an 'insult' , rather an observation that one cannot take the time to write a decent post.

if i amjust aslazy with no puntuationor ask 'wut' like another poster, wood dat be ok too?

(I realize age of OP, but a effort would have negated all the jokes/jibes)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread