NatGeo Diggers 1st annual invitational hunt!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear Diggers Producers,

We, the loyal following here on Treasure Net, propose a great network opportunity. This opportunity will certainly boost ratings and gain an additional loyal following while promoting the metal detecting hobby. Garrett may also wish to become more involved in this venture.

I would suggest a one hour NatGeo network special featuring KG and Ringy hosting an invitational treasure hunt. Approximately 10 detectorist’s would meet up with the KG and Ringy at a really great large area to search. The boys would start off giving an overview of the hunt, the history and the plan for the search.

The camera operators would be busy scrambling back and forth filming the finds as the good times roll. I’m certain that lots of amazing footage would be obtained during the hunt. The end of the two day hunt would have produced a wide range of artifacts for presentation, followed by a BBQ with the Digger’s. Lot’s of great interaction and learning for the audience.

This would promote the hobby, could be used as a season finale, and would be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

The hunt needs to take place somewhere in the middle of the country where 12 people could hunt a large enough area, while providing complete coverage, thereby recovering all the artifacts. What a great story if the right location is found!

Below, you will see additional detectorist’s and some suggestions as to a hunting and filming location.

This is just a rough draft of the proposal, as I’m sure that more great ideas are to follow.

Happy Hunting,

Treasure Net’s Guy In Back.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Diggers Producers,

one Correction imo

Allow me in with my Minelab SE ,
as I don't believe Garrett would be afraid of a little
Minelab competition..

I promise not to Show them up too much.
as I won't be rolling around, I'll be too busy digging the best targets, to act the fool.

and I will be keeping my finds :thumbsup:

& you would be supplying my Airfare, room & food

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little..

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Not if we can get a producer to read it...

You never know, they might like the idea too, and it never hurts to ask!

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Hollywood every do anything that's NOT scripted? It's all about the ratings and money on a continuous stream.
But I like your idea, and I wish you luck getting their attention.
Maybe it's just me, I like watching the real deal, we all understand TH/MD'ing is not all glamorous all the time. There's a lot of down time, boring finds...the mishaps they would like.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Life's an adventure.

It's the adventure you make out of it.

If, and I'm dreaming here, a handful of TN hunters made it onto a group hunt special- that would be something really great to remember, and a grand adventure of epic proportions.

Sure beats sitting in a dark living room hating life and the success of others.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes.

Of course it's scripted. TV is entertainment in which some people entertain, others are entertained, (others change the channel) and people make money. Not really a new concept here now is it?

So far it looks like~

In:
G.I.B.
Capt. Nat

Out:
Jeff
Terry

Anybody else want to try to go on the hunt?

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So far it looks like~

In:
G.I.B.
Capt. Nat

Out:
Jeff
Terry
Keppy

Let's get the negative out of the way, and focus on the positive. Anybody else want 'in' on the letter when I send it in?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna ride the fence on this excursion, ty. :-\
If we flying up with you, I remember the pic of your busted hydraulics(or something like that)....... :o
You provide parachutes? :laughing7:

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm gonna ride the fence on this excursion, ty. :-\
If we flying up with you, I remember the pic of your busted hydraulics(or something like that)....... :o
You provide parachutes? :laughing7:

No, sorry no parachutes.

But I do always fly with two silk worms and knitting needles.

If we start to go down I'll soak the silk worms in coffee. How fast can you knit?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no need to meet TV people or do i have a ego that makes me want to be on TV.. And i never hunt seeded hunts . Or any type of club hunts … Or any type of hunts that i do not plan myself..And that includes only me or 1 or 2 friends…...

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Being retired I travel everywhere at anytime. I am for hunting a nectar sector!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread