MD at Harbor Freight for 25.99

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the info. I think I will buy one of those for my son. If he likes it, great. If not, then I'm only out a few bucks.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I did buy one of those....and basically it beeps .....and beeps constantly.....my girls wont touch it ...LOL.....I keep it in my truck for when little kids are curious about hunting and hand it to them to have a go......Its great for kids under 6

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree kids under 6 because mine wouldn't touch iteither, but my dad loved it. Thats not saying much since he can't figure out how to answer a cell phone, or the concept of being able to leave the house with one. POOR OLD GUY, It would send him over the edge if I showed him a laptop.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
txkickergirl said:
I agree kids under 6 because mine wouldn't touch iteither, but my dad loved it. Thats not saying much since he can't figure out how to answer a cell phone, or the concept of being able to leave the house with one. POOR OLD GUY, It would send him over the edge if I showed him a laptop.

Sounds like he has the system figured out good. Leave the dang
thing at home or if caught with it, fake having problems trying
to answer.

SMART GUY

;) ;D
have a good un...............
POOR OLD SHERMANVILLE

G

garbage digger

Personally I wouldn't purchase one of those even at $26.00. My mother bought one of those cheap MD thinking she would go out with me some time. I could barley get the thing to work right with a coin on the surface :D Id much rather spend an extra 60 or so and get a used ace 150 or something in that range for my child. At least that way you know it has the potential to locate some items in a decent working manner. Just my .02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread