Your Thoughts on an x-terra 705 or Whites DFX...

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a Whites, but I can tell you the Xterra is a lot lighter in weight.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apples and oranges. Two totally diff detectors. One is single freq with the ability to switch coils and freq, the other is a two freq machine. The dfx can run both freq at the same time or switch to single. I personally believe the dfx is the best detector whites has ever made. I also hear good things about the minelab xterra 705. It's up to you. One machine that runs on two freq, or the need to go out and buy diff coils to run at diff single freq. The dfx being dual also gives you the ability to use it in wet sand beaches. My beachhunter I'd 300 is actually a waterproofed dfx and let me tell you, it goes deep! So does the dfx. The xterra does have the ability to get an 18.75 kHz freq coil which technically is hotter on gold. However the 15 kHz freq the dfx uses is just as hot on gold IMO. I'm biased towards whites products so in short my answer is get the dfx.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a 705 and know two guys with one owning the whites the other a 705. I will say this,experience with the machine makes all the difference. Both of them filled their finds bag while two of us with 705's had no where near that much in finds. I didn'tn say luck because it is skill and knowledge with their machine not luck.

No matter what machine you get, learning it and becoming proficient with it is most important.

Gerry

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I am asking is I have a chance to pickup a DFX cheap..like under $200 and was wondering what kind of machine they are...

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The reason I am asking is I have a chance to pickup a DFX cheap..like under $200 and was wondering what kind of machine they are...

YES! Buy it! Thats a steal and it's great machine. (provided it's a good working unit)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread