The honest folks

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey everyone!! I just recently joined in on the treasurenet family fun. I was just going through the honorable mention section and, as a member of the Alliance of Guardian Angels, I was so glad to see so many honest people involved in relic - treasure hunting!!! If more people were like you guys this would be a better world. Honesty has its rewards!! ;) :D ;D ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Welcome!! Detectorists are a pretty good group. The few bad apples seem to get into the hobby for the wrong reasons. Those detectors are the ones that usually end their short lived lives in a closet somewhere.

Thanks for your nice words, and thank you for your work with the "Angels"

T

TreasureTales

One of my fondest memories was when a lady called our club up to help find her husband's wedding ring. Three of us showed up and the lady was thrilled that any of us cared that much about helping a stranger. I was the lucky person to find the ring for her. You'd a thought I just saved her kid from a rabid dog or something. She nearly hugged the daylights outta me. Anyhow, returning things to people is one of the fringe benefits of the hobby. A happy recipient is one of the sweetest rewards.

Thanks for the kind words here and the great work in the real world.

OP
OP
beavis

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The only thing I've been asked to find is a water line for my neighbor :-\ :-\

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Finding lost items and returning them to the rightful owners is one of the most satisfying parts of the hobby. And I, for one, don't do it for any monetary reward.

For those that enjoy this type of service to the community, I would suggest becoming a member of Metal Detectives USA, where you can be listed on their website (free of charge) as a metal detective in your area. There are some TN members already participating! Here's the link:

www.metaldetectivesusa.com

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm fairly new here(early March) but I suspect a lot of people here have the same attitude as I do, that being. It's not a matter of choice for us, it's just the way we are.
I can't imagine being or doing anything but the right thing.

OP
OP
beavis

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the link dick from IA! I had no idea there was something like that out there. I don't mind finding lost items for people, but I draw the line at land mines!! Nope, won't go there.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
beavis said:
Thanks for the link dick from IA! I had no idea there was something like that out there. I don't mind finding lost items for people, but I draw the line at land mines!! Nope, won't go there.

You're Welcome, Beavis; what it's done for many is add a new and different dimension to their MD hobby. I'm currently searching for an earring lost a few days ago in one of our local parks. When I informed the lady I don't charge anything, you could have "knocked her over with a feather". Told her it's my way of enjoying my hobby and having a purpose as well. She thought that was pretty cool.

Dick
www.metaldetectivesusa.com

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
beavis said:

Just watch where you step or you end up in "dogmines", far more dangerous(and smelly) than a standard mine, trust me, I know. I swear, since starting this hobby I have seen the remains of more great danes than I thought purina could support, I'd like to return those to some owners and............oh,......sorry......where was I ??

Yeah, good group'a people, I am actually looking forward to getting to return my first signifigant item. It's just gotta be a good feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions