Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electric Fly Swatter - Electric Bug Zapper
A friend of mine just came over for a beer, and to run his cons through my clean up sluice.
Flies buggin' the **** out of me...he says..I have the perfect tool for ya!
$3.00 at Harbor freight. Two D batteries. When you hit a fly or skeeto..BANG! Just like a lady finger fire cracker!
So we are reading all the reviews..(Upper link) and read you can wire it for a 9 volt battery! Buy the 9 volt battery adapter at radio shack, solder two wires, easy!
So now when you swat a yellow jacket..the mean wasps that sting you 'cause they can..KA BOOM!
It literally blows them up. We are sitting down, and waving this thing of wonderment under the table outside, and pop pop pop (skeeters) BANG (blow fly). It does not move much air so it functions extremely well.
And my wife smacked me on the behind with it...9 volt modification works on people too!:laughing7:
Read the reviews, they are a pretty good read.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the Zappers! About 5 years ago bought 5 of these things at $3 each. Took them down to the boat dock. As the sun set, I gave all the guys on the dock one.
Depopulated the night insects and looks cool as they spark. A few of the guys, as the night went on, decided to Zap them selfs. They landed on their butts.

I graduated to the Exterminator, a little higher priced Zapper. Does the same thing but is a little sleeker. Was using it down here in Florida a few weeks ago and got a few people wanting to borrow it.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Zappers! About 5 years ago bought 5 of these things at $3 each. Took them down to the boat dock. As the sun set, I gave all the guys on the dock one.
Depopulated the night insects and looks cool as they spark. A few of the guys, as the night went on, decided to Zap them selfs. They landed on their butts.

I graduated to the Exterminator, a little higher priced Zapper. Does the same thing but is a little sleeker. Was using it down here in Florida a few weeks ago and got a few people wanting to borrow it.
A little sleeker would be nice. This thinks like swinging a tennis racket!.
With the 2 D batteries replaced with the 9 volt, mine is now a little lighter.
Well it is now mine, I said cleanup sluice goes away, for the day, without the zapper comin' my way!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Electric Fly Swatter - Electric Bug Zapper
A friend of mine just came over for a beer, and to run his cons through my clean up sluice.
Flies buggin' the **** out of me...he says..I have the perfect tool for ya!
$3.00 at Harbor freight. Two D batteries. When you hit a fly or skeeto..BANG! Just like a lady finger fire cracker!
So we are reading all the reviews..(Upper link) and read you can wire it for a 9 volt battery! Buy the 9 volt battery adapter at radio shack, solder two wires, easy!
So now when you swat a yellow jacket..the mean wasps that sting you 'cause they can..KA BOOM!
It literally blows them up. We are sitting down, and waving this thing of wonderment under the table outside, and pop pop pop (skeeters) BANG (blow fly). It does not move much air so it functions extremely well.
And my wife smacked me on the behind with it...9 volt modification works on people too!:laughing7:
Read the reviews, they are a pretty good read.

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna stop by Harbor Freight and pick one up tomorrow.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A yellow jacket got in....mad, with a bad attitude. 9 volt mod works! BOOM!! golf ball sized spark! Annoying little flys go.....pop,pop.
I now know what everone's getting for Christmas!:laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen those in HF lots of times; but never bought one. After this 'first hand account', I will pick one up the next time I'm in Boise. I think I have a couple of the nine volt adaptors; if not I'll get some more. I used to have a small sized bug zapper with a light, hanging by the back door and a larger one by the front door when we lived back in Texas. They help a lot.
Thanks for the info!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Been using them for years. One in the MH, two in the house. I think I will try the 9V setup.
I use it outside to play tennis with the carpenter bees. Frank...- five star.png

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep a badminton racket around for bees, wasps, etc. It's on the table in the back yard, just outside by door. When I go out in the back, I keep it handy for whatever malicious flying insects that take 'offense' to my being there! I've used these for quite a few years; started doing it in my teens. But I will definitely pick up one of the HF rackets and convert it to 9 volt soon.

I would really enjoyed having some to these when I and several others hunted bumblebee nests and fought them. We used just about any thin, lightweight boards that we could find. We drilled holes in them. But they were pretty fragile. If it happened to hit anything solid when it was swung, it would break. The badminton rackets would have a great asset.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions