Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it has rained and rained a lot in the last week or so and hasn't let up much, in fact another 3 inches last night. water is standing and the creeks are way over their banks and rain is forecast at least four days in the next week. i want to go digging in between the monsoons but my ace 250 isn't water proof, you can't even set it down on the ground for the water... more grounds (at least in my mind) for an AT, preferably the AT Gold. I actually live on the back side of a RV / camp ground that i have permission to hunt, it is a mixture of red clay and lots and lots of packed hard gravel. i have found about $30 in clad and some foreign coins but it is tough digging, especially when it is rusty nails and screws. i am envious of you guys and gals out there that dig in actual dirt, here it is rock and roots with the handful of dirt thrown in. my swimming areas are steep, all rock (none of that gravel or sand stuff) and usually very snakey (my wife for some reason has a deep fear of them). what i am saying here is that the scoops are pretty much useless for the rocks and moss, this all translates to adapting to the challenges and that is one of the great things about sites like this and the Youtube videos. i know that there are challenges that i don't have that others are dealing with every day and there are some very ingenious people out there, the proof is everywhere. this sport is really good for the brain damaged, having had a ruptured brain aneurism (at 39) as well as numerous strokes in my forties (had to relearn everything basic). our Lord has truly blessed me in that i am able to do anything at all. my memory kills me at times and i know that i used to be able to do a lot of things that are now like a can of worms but i am content (a walk through the local nursing home puts everything in place). i am a slow learner at times and study the threads carefully as i try to get better at this hobby and i have learned a lot. it took me a while to get up the nerve to join this site (strokes can make the simplest things a gigantic challenge) and i am now electronically challenged but with the word perfect and my wife's help, i am regaining one step at a time. so the flash flood warning should be over tomorrow and maybe i will be able to find some history or even cool treasures. be safe out there and have fun. Jerry

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the site! We all here wish you the best in overcoming your challenges, and hope all falls into place for you to have happy hunting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks, life is what we make it. we all have some sort of obstacles to overcome, just some more so than others and some a lot worse than we have. right now it is raining again, i guess we need it, we are saturated and those in Wichita Falls Texas are dried up and worried about water supplies. count your many blessings while you can.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy hunting! You,ll be out eventually.Sometimes its like learning a detector all over again anyway so you,ll keep doin fine. Clay can be quite a challenge for sure.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks again, I, we, are trying to figure out how to post my pics. i am sure that sometime tomorrow we will get it done. 12 years ago i was programing CNC machines, custom work in the after market automotive... aluminum heads for engines, worked on the machines when they broke down, fixed the crashes of careless operators but then a series of strokes robbed me of almost all of that. now i struggle with my phone and usually forget quickly how i had done something just a couple of days before. i am still a very blessed man, my wife is a high school special needs teacher, i get to help with the kids all the time and go with them to the 3 day special Olympics. these kids and adults really keep me in line, i don't have any problems... just challenges.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter welcome to T Net we are glad you joined!
It will stop raining at some point, I know it's hard to wait, patience is a big part of this hobby.
With your persistence you will do just fine! This hobby challenges everyone on a personal level, to do better than we did before or to find another way to achieve our goals. This is a journey of discovery, anticipation, excitement, wonder, and sometimes a little disappointment, but always with a little awe thrown in.
You have and are over coming a great deal of things, that takes a great amount of courage.
Hope all that rain has brought more goodies closer to the surface for you! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

You're not alone I haven't posted pics either, I don't know how haven't figured it out yet.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, we thought that we had it figured out today, but i guess we were wrong, we sort of got the pics on but couldn't figure out how to write anything... i guess we need a kid to do it for us. LOL

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome..hope you have lots of fun!
Ive found a fair amount of things with my 250.
Few rings, lots of clad and many misc interesting pieces of metal..if it's not raining to hard you can cover the box so only the coil gets wet..:)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread