so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Or contact "lostmystuff.net" They don't charge for recoveries."

cool.I didnt realize they had detectorists there.I thought they were a simple lost and found bullitin board.I hope he calls them.We can hope for him.
:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gwozhog

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I ended up buying the tesoro Sand Shark. Im waiting on FED EX because there was nothing available in Houston for under 1500 bucks. I did not want to sink any more than 600 into it because its a long shot. We have had no rain so the current is still less than 1mph. I have already had 2 of my buddies down with with dive equipment but no success. I also have put about 6 hours of free diving too. The sand is very hard packed and there is zero debree on the bottom. The only problem is zero visibility so im SOL until I get the sand shark on Friday. I will keep you guys posted but for now all I can do is wait. Thanks for your comments and I will keep you guys posted after a long weekend of treasure hunting. This is definately turning out to be quite a Journey.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get the 8" or 10.5" coil?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you find it! You need to put a GPS tracking device on that!

You may want to duplicate losing the watch with something of similar size and weight tied to a long string, and see where it lands on the bottom. It's worth a try. GL!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like you have help with those divers.cool.be careful,good luck and let us know !!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You live in Houston? Well you know you might end up finding a fish is wearing it or around a snapping turtles neck! They like nice shiny things! :laughing7:

You may end up looking just outside the area of where you think it is. Being you did a reverse faceplant when you went down. I would add about 10-15 feet outside of where you think you lost it.

I hope you have luck finding it.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I truly wish ya the best and let know buddy the outcome be it Good - Bad - or Ugly.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a new watch.:sadsmiley: Because you can kiss goodbye to the Rolex.:sadsmiley:

SS

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a new watch.:sadsmiley: Because you can kiss goodbye to the Rolex.:sadsmiley:

SS

its true that his endeavor is a low percentage undertaking.But one has to try with such a valuable loss.I am glad to hear he has friends helping who have diving expierience..river diving with zero visibility is at best a very dangerous thing to do and in some rivers a non starter.hope he gets it back !!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
im guessing the 8k watch has some sentimental value, is why your not contacting your
insurance co., anyway you may have to stake out a grid search, as a fish may have moved
it , i like the drag net idea, good luck

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Rolex, Tags and most of my wife's jewelry is insured. About $20K worth for around $100 bucks a year. I had to use it once a couple of years ago when one of her diamond stud earrings went down the shower drain at a hotel. It's definitely worth it, especially if you wear your good stuff every day.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at the bright side of it,by buying a stainless steel rolex basically all you bought was a name.Therefore thats all you lost is a name.:laughing7:

OP
OP
G

Gwozhog

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
30 hours of searching and moving my area out a little further paid off. The tersoro found it late this afternoon. My sub is all and well after spending 16 days underwater. Rolex's are definately waterproof. Thanks everyone for your input. Here is a pic i took on the way home. Yeahh baby its back!:hello2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 114

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you on your recovery! Belated welcome to TreasureNet. You are off to a hard to top start already by hunting a solid proven lead,but one never knows for sure if they don,t keep hunting l.o.l..(Nice watch.:o).

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a great job finding your' Rolex! I'll bet that you are more careful when you are out on the water in the future and by the way, nice looking Rolex!

Frank

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
Good thing he didn't listen to your advice...bet you feel real smart after seeing the pic of that Rolex.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 hours of searching and moving my area out a little further paid off. The tersoro found it late this afternoon. My sub is all and well after spending 16 days underwater. Rolex's are definately waterproof. Thanks everyone for your input. Here is a pic i took on the way home. Yeahh baby its back!:hello2:
Congrats.

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats. btw, you need to update your tagline. "Moron who list his Rolex in A river....and FOUND it."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread