Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you buy a Submariner and hold onto it for 3-5 years you will most likely sell it for more than you paid for it. How many other luxury items in life can you say that about. They are like a savings account you get to wear and enjoy on your wrist at the same time. Just dont lose the POS in a river.

Rolex do hold their value as well as any, but I don't think it works that way now. The base prices are just so damn high these days they're hard pressed to put them much higher over 3-5 years, and it probably wouldn't be enough to cover the depreciation. But you'd still do better than my brand of choice, Breitling.

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I was closer to you I would find it...I have been diving since 1973 and have dove with a metal detector in all conditions with 6.0" visibility...what type of bottom is it? the search pattern I use is a x, y grid style...but for you watch I would go to the point of last known drop...I put an anchor on the bottom at 7.0' you state with about 200' of rope attached to it, go out 200' from the anchor and start at 0 degrees, then make one revolution or 360 degrees and pull in 5' of rope and do the same 40 times until you have reached the anchor...you can also have you starting point at the anchor also...I use this method all the time and am about 95% on finding items...I also have dove for insurance companies and if I cannot find it, it is usually a ins. fraud...good luck...like I stated, if I were closer I would find it for you...will retire in a couple of years and will have more time...

thanks,
Gary

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I was closer to you I would find it...I have been diving since 1973 and have dove with a metal detector in all conditions with 6.0" visibility...what type of bottom is it? the search pattern I use is a x, y grid style...but for you watch I would go to the point of last known drop...I put an anchor on the bottom at 7.0' you state with about 200' of rope attached to it, go out 200' from the anchor and start at 0 degrees, then make one revolution or 360 degrees and pull in 5' of rope and do the same 40 times until you have reached the anchor...you can also have you starting point at the anchor also...I use this method all the time and am about 95% on finding items...I also have dove for insurance companies and if I cannot find it, it is usually a ins. fraud...good luck...like I stated, if I were closer I would find it for you...will retire in a couple of years and will have more time...

thanks,
Gary
Read all the posts...he found it.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome recovery! Funny thing...I advertised as a ring-finger a couple years ago. I was good-to-go for terrestrial searches, but when I rec'd a call for a water search on South Beach, I had just bought a used Tesoro Sandshark, with 3 coils, two of which were defective,and the 3rd maybe too. I went anyway, with no experience water hunting. The surf was rough, it was 2 days after the ring had been lost; they had already engaged another guy with an excalibur the day it was lost who did not find it....but I found the ring in 10 minutes! To me, it felt like a miracle.

The Sandshark is extremely easy to handle in the water. I sold it...why is it we always sell the ones we love best?

The ring was a custom-made engagement, with an excellent quality diamond just shy of one carat, and some baguettes. It cost about $6000.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread