Im a total newbie.

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: I'm a total newbie.

Welcome. It depends on what your looking to spend. I keep hearing the Ace250 is a great machine to start with and you will need a good digging tool and a pinpointer is very handy but not a necessity. Just remember that for every nice find there is probably 100 nails and pull tabs so one of the most important things you will need is patience and the good stuff will come. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions, there are alot of great people here and always willing to try to help.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007

Thanks for the help...and how much does an ACE250 usually run?

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ace 250 is what you should get. Depends where you get it...the cheapest new one would be on a website called kellyco metal detectors (about 200)

HH
-GC

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007

goldencoin said:
Ace 250 is what you should get. Depends where you get it...the cheapest new one would be on a website called kellyco metal detectors (about 200)

HH
-GC

Awesome..I'm gonna go and grab one. Now I've just got to figure out where to start....I live in the Charlotte area...any suggestions?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi and welcome to Tnet!!

There is a good population of NCrs' here, I'm sure one of them could help you in that department.

I have heard good things about the ACE250, it was the machine that I was going to get, but then decided on the Whites PrizmIII. The one recomendation that I would give you is, if you have the money, get a pinpointer, they save a lot of time! Oh and get a good diggin tool. . . (I know that s two recomendations). ;D

Happy hunting!! We look forward to hearing and seeing photos of your finds!

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT

Actually all authorized dealers are bound to sell at no lower price than 212.45. That's what I sell them for also. Give me a call and I'll hook you up.

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO

Glad to have you onboard ,GOC. I would reccomend TonyinCT. Very pleasent fellow to work with. I bought my ACE 250 from him and received it promptly. HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tony has made a very fair offer for my used Whites Beach Hunter ID as a trade in on a new Excal 800 or 1000 once it returns from Whites. I also would recommend you talk to him.

G

garbage digger

Welcome aboard. The Ace 250 is surely a great starter. However if I had to start back over I'd start out with the Tesoro Cibola. I currently have one and know first hand that it would be great for a new hunter and even better with experience. It's better quality than the Ace, backed up with a life time warranty and only a little more money. Many people have huge pinpointing issues with the Ace which sure can be frustrating. Just my .02

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! Currently I am saving my money for an apartment move in about a month and a half, so I won't be able to purchase one until a couple weeks later. In that time I will lurk around and see if anyone has any suggestions on where in my area I can hunt! Thanks again everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread