Should I get the Ace 250 or the GTAx 550??

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
swest said:
Will I see a difference in finding coins between these two in terms of depth and discrimination?

Thanks for the any advice you can give. I am a total newbie but pumped up!

Swest

Depending on the amount of money that you have available to use to purchase you can spend a little to a lot to get a good detector.

I am not trying to sell you anything but you need to ask yourself do you want to search in wet conditions, in dry conditions?
What do you want to search for, Gold, Relics, Coins?
I have a Sovereign GT. I am new to this forum and I am just getting back into Metal detecting. After a long hiatus (my detector grew legs and ran away)so I am just voicing my opinion. You can find a couple reputable dealears right here on this forum Tony in CT, is a good one Hi's link is http://www..com
He can help you send him a pm .
Good luck

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
the 250 is newer technically and more features for the buck.with the difference in price you could get a sniper coil to go along with the 250.here in northern ny the soil is good so they both get good depth.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
W6PEA said:
swest said:
Will I see a difference in finding coins between these two in terms of depth and discrimination?

Thanks for the any advice you can give. I am a total newbie but pumped up!

Swest

Depending on the amount of money that you have available to use to purchase you can spend a little to a lot to get a good detector.

I am not trying to sell you anything but you need to ask yourself do you want to search in wet conditions, in dry conditions?
What do you want to search for, Gold, Relics, Coins?
I have a Sovereign GT. I am new to this forum and I am just getting back into Metal detecting. After a long hiatus (my detector grew legs and ran away)so I am just voicing my opinion. You can find a couple reputable dealears right here on this forum Tony in CT, is a good one Hi's link is http://www..com
He can help you send him a pm .
Good luck

I edited this post and some how I deleted Tony's web link here it is again www.tcmetaldetectors.com

Sorry about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread