Lesche or Garrett Digger?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with a lot of the current Garrett products, there seems to be a growing rate of failure and this is also the case for their digger. Best off go with Lesche and enjoy.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I had the digger problem answered. There was an advertisement for reproduction M1 Garand bayonets for only $10. The shorter bayonet adopted later in the war and also used in Korea. So I bought it. Couldn't wait to take my new digger out and recover my finds in some dried out hard ground. Very first hit, that knife just cuts into the ground, really working great, then I press down to pry up the plug, and it bent into an L shape. For $10 what ever foreign country made the thing hadn't bothered to temper it. I guess I'm saying usually you get what you pay for. Lots of people swear by Lesche, I still don't own one, I found a reasonably priced, non collectable foreign bayonet in a junk store, and use it. Works great for me.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leshe is the best i've found. Haven't looked past that, in fact bought another so I'd have two.
luvsdux

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I own and use, well, used them both.

The Garrett bent and didn't stay sharp. It's been tossed in the emergency reserve pile of tools.

The Lesche- If I ever lost it I'd have to buy another one.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

sparkgirl

Jul 16, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesche...hands down...worth every penny...had to use Garret for a day and only then did I REALLY appreciate the Lesche lol

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMO both are garbage compared to Product Details its the Model 31C - Raptor with Cadora Sheath. This thing is thick and as strong as it gets, I can put as much weight as I want when prying out the plug and it doesnt bend at all. Also, because of how its shaped, the plugs almost always come out shaped perfectly. I sharpened on end of it and the front, and use it as an ax if I find any roots, goes through them like butter after a few strikes.
I really don't know how you can call the lesche garbage but ok? Personally I've seen two raptors break right at the weld. Warranty took care of it but still broke. I've yet to see a lesche break or bend.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to get a new digging tool also, haven't quite made up my mind, I'm leaning toward the lesche.

OP
OP
Lores

Lores

Apr 15, 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro ACE 250 Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the comments. Currently leaning away from the Garrett.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Neither. My 8" Survivor knife serves me well. Straight blade on one side and a saw blade on the other. Cost me $7 at HF.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I am going to let the cat out of the bag! I am using a digger I bought over 13 years ago. I got it from a nursery supply co. called A.M. Leonard.
it is made of Italian steel. I looked in there on line catalog. It is now made of Swiss stainless steel and sells for $18.99 . The leather sheath is $10.99.
It has a lifetime warranty. They have many others styles of diggers. I also have there all steel shovel with a D handle. am.leo.com
Frank...-
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I am going to let the cat out of the bag! I am using a digger I bought over 13 years ago. I got it from a nursery supply co. called A.M. Leonard.
it is made of Italian steel. I looked in there on line catalog. It is now made of Swiss stainless steel and sells for $18.99 . The leather sheath is $10.99.
It has a lifetime warranty. They have many others styles of diggers. I also have there all steel shovel with a D handle. am.leo.com
Frank...-
Frankin.. You are right the best digger out there is put out by A.M.leonard today they cost about $29.00 but are worth every penny they will cut through any soil or root like they were butter…..www.amleo.com

Attachments

• 4750.jpg
    4750.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a corona for years. I asked a lesche owner who owns a corona and he said they work the about the same. Mine never bent (through clay, sand, rock, soil of the area) and stayed sharp. I regret loosing mine. I will be heading over to lowes tomorrow to buy another (for about $12). Between the 2 though, I'd go lesche.

Harry(PA)

Greenie
Feb 28, 2007
Reproduction M1Garand bayonet for 10 bucks.... It shows you only get what you pay for.... Go with the ales he. I have had mine which I purchased from George himself. Never needed sharpening and welds are superior to anything I have see welded.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys on Digger's use the garrett so it must be the best, because everyone knows garrett does not sponsor them and they use what works best.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The guys on Digger's use the garrett so it must be the best, because everyone knows garrett does not sponsor them and they use what works best.

Give me a break! They are Garrett dealers. They push Garrett. In the episode where they looked for the time capsol, They used that Garrett " 2 Box type " rig and couldn't find it. My old Hays 2 Box would have sang out.

Frank...-
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread