Starting out

Harvey Perry

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I just had a strange feeling of wanting to go out and find treasure. Nothing crazy of course, but where I live in Tamworth is where King Offa used to live. Many of his treasures have been found all over England but never anything big in where he actually lived. Can any of you out there just give me some tips on treasure hunting and what I'll need, just general basic stuff, Thank you.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically, you need the desire, got that...places to hunt, got that... Permission to hunt? Metal detector?

Last edited:

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting or just relic hunting and finding bits and pieces? Like if you're looking to find large important caches, etc. That would either be obtained by incredible luck OR lots of research, lots of time, a very nice metal detector, possibly a ground penetrating radar, a team would help, a sifter, lots of digging tools, stuff like that. But again that is your after like large caches, etc. If you're just wanting to do some research of a historical site, just make sure it huntable by detectors, then get the permission and make sure you have a suitable detector, a couple quality diggers, and most importantly if you're going to a historic site, or a site that is well groomed, THE most important thing for you to do is go to youtube and do a search for like "Properly digging a metal detector plug" because if you go there and just dig a ugly hole and it looks horrible after being filled in then you will never be allowed back and may even ruin your chances of other dig sites in the area. So just make sure you have some basic knowledge before hitting a well groomed area.

HH,
Rich

So today I just had a strange feeling of wanting to go out and find treasure. Nothing crazy of course, but where I live in Tamworth is where King Offa used to live. Many of his treasures have been found all over England but never anything big in where he actually lived. Can any of you out there just give me some tips on treasure hunting and what I'll need, just general basic stuff, Thank you.

OP
OP
H

Harvey Perry

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a huge forest area I'm going to try and see if that's possible for me to dig there. I'm more than certain there will be money, even weapons like spear heads and such from as early as 760BC. Just learning the basics and legality is all I'm looking at now before starting up a huge project.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you good luck on your adventure! Keep us posted as to what you find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread