vibraprobe question

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
how do you shut off the thing without taking the batteries out , i lay it down flat and it stops sometimes i am afraid the wiring wont last if i fool with it tooo much also i to consantly sheck it too see if its working in the field sometimes it doesnt do any thing after i hold it up too activate it i do notice it doesnt perform well unless the battery is at peak power in essance it works great only when im not trying to use it any comments on how to use it properly thanks for listening jim

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Upright,it's on. Flat or down,it's off,UNLESS,it gets near metal,then it will stay on.It goes off after 1-11/2 min if no metal detected in the flat or downward position.It's a great pinpointer.However,a wire was loose in mine and I called the factory,they had me send it to them and they repaired it and sent it back at no charge.The battery should last longer,are you sure you are not laying it close to your digger or detector?Do you carry it in the holster with the tip not near any other metal?Call the company and tell them what it is doing.I'm sure they can help you.

Mr. Mojo

Jan 9, 2007
Hummelstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Exp II
Re: I have to disconnect mine

If I have it in the car, it will switch on while driving. I have had one that went bad with even new batteries, and this is the only thing I could think of why it happened. I could hear it in the back shutting off every 5-10 minutes. It seems the mercury switch is activated by the motion. Therefore I disconnect it every time.

Chuck

OP
OP
bowser

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the replys it went off one day on the floor of the car and did something to the electrical system ive seen posts that people love them i think they are more of a nuisance and less reliable than a switch unit constantly checkingh too see if its pinpointing or shut off

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a peice of junk

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I really like mine... especially because it is waterproof and gets a lot of use at the beach.

To turn it on, you hold (turn) it upright, with the "point" facing up. as long as you don't turn it vertically (over a 45 degree angle) with the point facing up, or put the business end near metal, it will shut off after about a minute.

I have a lanyard on mine, and hang it next to my detector, and have never had a problem. Just make sure it is off before you hang it up.

steve

OP
OP
bowser

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
wow i wont comment on the second usage idea although, iam tempted ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread