when local police join this site

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
years ago in 2006 i found a WW2 Army air base and found 100s of coins and buttons. there wuz times i wuz chased out by security of a major corp. security a company that bought the land for $1. :icon_scratch: being told i would be arrested 3 times i didnt care. Avcrad next door came out with loaded guns asked me too wats up. i donated sum of my findings and made them happy. Back to the story. I got a email frum an officer that thought my car wuz stolin in 2008. This man wuz so nice i freaked out. In time we both will go out and MD. I will not tell you who he is but he trashed all the bad things about law enforsement. by the way at the site i walked sum distance to talk to him in 2008.:occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude on some level we are all human, but on another we are TH'ers! Oh ya!
The local school police patrol, I talk to him about MD'ing. Almost got him talked into getting a detector. He checks on me when I MD the schools!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Words of wisdom

One bad cop doesnt make all cops bad,one good cop doesnt make all cops good.The same applies to all.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
years ago in 2006 i found a WW2 Army air base and found 100s of coins and buttons. there wuz times i wuz chased out by security of a major corp. security a company that bought the land for $1. :icon_scratch: being told i would be arrested 3 times i didnt care. Avcrad next door came out with loaded guns asked me too wats up. i donated sum of my findings and made them happy. Back to the story. I got a email frum an officer that thought my car wuz stolin in 2008. This man wuz so nice i freaked out. In time we both will go out and MD. I will not tell you who he is but he trashed all the bad things about law enforsement. by the way at the site i walked sum distance to talk to him in 2008.:occasion14:

So...what I could decipher from your post is....you found a WW2 Army base with your metal detector, then bought it for a dollar, but you were chased off by someone named "Wuz", and his armed partner named "Avcrad" next door...but later, you became friends with Wuz, because he was so nice that you freaked out.

Close??.....Maybe??....No?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Words of wisdom

One bad cop doesnt make all cops bad,one good cop doesnt make all cops good.The same applies to all.

The problem with that is, the 98% that are bad make the other 2% "LOOK BAD"! Problem is many feel like because they own badges and carry guns, they feel they can break the law just as quick as real criminals and actually get away with it as they ALL have lawyers to represent them at tax payers expense!

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, I lost you at "wuz" and it was all downhill from there...Now was Avcrad a person or robot?, and was your car ever stolen? I assume it must have been due to you having to walk "sum" distance to chat?....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mainly hunt with law enforcement guys. If it isnt retired border patrol its a friend who works for the county. These guys have a rough job and are not out to get everybody, just the bad guys you wouldnt want on your street. So if your a bad guy with a detector, you have something to worry about. Look, police are painted as the bad guys. But the few incidents that get played over and over on youtube is not a good representation of the courts or police system.They also have some great spots with permission to detect. You dont want to be put under the microscope we have placed our law enforcement in.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

StoneyRun

Mar 10, 2013
S.W. Missouri
Detector(s) used
old faithful Radio Shack
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AVCRAD stands for Aviation Classification and Repair Depot. There are five or six in the country that are National Guard, and you put the state initials in for the complete title. Thus, MO AVCRAD would be in Missouri. Used to work at the one in Springfield, MO. We repaired and did scheduled maintenance on helicopters.

Cheri

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, I think he's trying to say some major corporation bought the land for $1. He was chased off and at some point some policeman who thought the car he had was a stolen one sent him an e-mail.

I don't catch the connection to this forum yet but I remain hopeful.

i think we can translte site - sight, sum = some and frum = from. Most of the rest appears to be in English. :dontknow:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
batts i am so with you dude on this I feel a solidarity, a profound commeradery with you, it's uncanny if not total madness. I'm floored.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of being called a troll, I'll refrain from any remarks regarding my complete lack of comprehension of the aa's original statement.

I will say that, police mentality and mob mentality are very closely related. All it takes is one loose cannon to start a riot. Also, I'd say that the percentage of good cops versus bad cops in my opinion is about 70% good and 30% bad. By bad I mean individuals that shouldn't be in law enforcement to begin with, because they lack the self integrity, courage and honesty required to do the job to begin with.

37 others

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with that is, the 98% that are bad make the other 2% "LOOK BAD"! Problem is many feel like because they own badges and carry guns, they feel they can break the law just as quick as real criminals and actually get away with it as they ALL have lawyers to represent them at tax payers expense!
These people take care of their own like no others. They are fully expected and required to break the law to protect their jobs and reputations.
Generally no immediate recourse can be had against a rogue police officer, except in the most callous of circumstances.

File written complaints against infractions they inflict on you or when you see them sitting for hours talking together instead of patroling the neighborhood.
Write it on your own paperwork and email them to their Captain. and at least two other supervisors.
Understand that you will be complaining about a rogue police officer to one of his best freinds and longest aquaintenances, so dont expect much They will throw away any complaints that you file through their legitimate system and then deny that they occured to begin with.

Document your compaints well for it is basically certain that they will be thrown out after you make them.
You then can go back about three months later and expose the fact that they have ignored citizen complaints. Make a very big deal about your complaint not being addressed.

This falls very very hard on their brass who in turn have to blame someone else. It effects their morale and they are then forced to attack themselves from within.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry been buzy after being a grandpa and fighting off 4 pitt bulls with mine . give me time to respond. the way i post things in certain grammer is cause it amuzes me and River Rat liks it 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread