CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got up this morning with a really sore wrist after doing a couple of hunts yesterday with my E-Trac! Guess I will have to start using my Tesoro again for a while, it is definitely much lighter weight. Anyone else ever get this problem? And what remedy did you use ???

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Southern California/Beijing
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would suggest giving me your E-Trac... your problems with it will soon disappear :D

One suggestion I have is to fashion a strap of some sort to go around your shoulders so your arm wouldn't have to bear the whole weight. I've never tried it before, but it could help... hope your wrist feels better!
-Guad

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be that when you are using the E Track you may be digging more targets rather than it being a weight issue?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what age you are but it could be a number of factors.
As we age muscles and stuff deteriorate. You could have strained that wrist, may have been the detecting, maybe you slept on it wrong???? You may have been out detecting and digging longer than usual.

You may want to ace wrap that wrist, use your other arm to swing, and get one of those "swingy-things" that supports the weight of the detector. And take something for the pain.

Even my M6 is starting to feel a little heavy now days and it's only 3.5 lbs as compared to my old 4900, which weighed 4.5lbs ! Strap 5lbs on your arm swing it back and goth for a couple of hours and tell me how you feel!!! Those work out people don't have anything on us!

If you find something that works let us know!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As we age muscles and stuff deteriorate. You could have strained that wrist, may have been the detecting, maybe you slept on it wrong???? You may have been out detecting and digging longer than usual.

You may want to ace wrap that wrist, use your other arm to swing, and get one of those "swingy-things" that supports the weight of the detector. And take something for the pain.

Even my M6 is starting to feel a little heavy now days and it's only 3.5 lbs as compared to my old 4900, which weighed 4.5lbs ! Strap 5lbs on your arm swing it back and goth for a couple of hours and tell me how you feel!!! Those work out people don't have anything on us!

Hi Ms, I recall now that had trip and fall a couple of days ago by an oxygen tube, broke my fall with arms, probably was sprained then but did not know it, detecting just aggravated it a lots is my guess !

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would suggest giving me your E-Trac... your problems with it will soon disappear
cheesy.gif

-Guad

Thats a funny one! Thanks for the replies all !

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Check my reply. Works great!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A harness will fix that problem. I have been using harness for almost 8 years now......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-trac, Explorer's are all heavy,get yourself a swingy thingy and or a bottle of ibuprofen,take a couple of those with a cold beer and you will be fixed up! Good luck!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also concentrate on using a loose grip on it.. I had the same problem from gripping it to tightly...

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that arm soreness comes from digging and shoulder soreness comes from swinging the detector. I don't think the mixture of beer and ibuprofen is wise and most livers should agree :)

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HARNESS....

I have torn tendons in both elbows from swinging a detector too much. Essentially tennis elbow. I use the Pro Swing and it takes the pressure off my arms. I vary the way I hold the handle on my CTX and sometimes will even detect holding it with almost a flat hand against the handle. I have worn out my bungee at the connector, so I have tied 550 cord in a loop and hook that on the detector. Now, I cannot detect without my harness. More important to me than gloves. The Pro Swing probably takes 75-85% of the weight off my arms.

Oh, if you have torn something make sure that you massage it laterally against the tendons and muscles a few minutes each day in order to strengthen where it is healing.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've injured my elbow now point man. Hurts like crazy in the inward swing towards my body. Bad part is I just sold my Proswing with my CTX.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I've injured my elbow now point man. Hurts like crazy in the inward swing towards my body. Bad part is I just sold my Proswing with my CTX.

Ugh thats a painful ouchie, hope it gets better soon for you Fletch! What are you using for a main detector now?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just started with a CZ-3D that I'm finding I really mesh well with. I've only had it a few weeks so haven't really used it all that much. It seems to be a great machine that loves coins and especially nickels.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest: