School Permissions

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
What is everyone's take on getting permission to search schools? Are public schools free of asking permission for the most part, or what is everyone's take? I know there have been two schools that I have been to before that no one minded, but I want to see what is the general consensus of the MD'ers out there. ???

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i personally dont ask permission to do public schools, but i wont go anywhere near them if school is in session or if the kids are using the fields. i also dont dig on the manicured football field. usually i will go early in the morning on a weekend day. i have done tons of schools and have never even come close to having a problem. i also make sure that i dig really carefull plugs and i dont leave a mess. if you dig ragged holes and dont fill them in, it wont be long before someone complains. private schools on the other hand are an entirely different animal! i wouldnt hunt a private school without written permission.

OP
OP
B

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
That's what I was thinking too. I'm used to doing private land on Civil War battlefields, but now since I just moved to Florida, I'll start expanding the types of relics/coins that I am looking for. Thanks for the help!

Nathan

G

garbage digger

I usually don't ask permission for places the public is welcome. Just remember to be courteous, fill holes, don't smoke on campus and they usually they don't mind. Just don't show up when school is in session :D I keep lots of garbage on me especially things you shouldn't find in schools, so if people with power trips try to give ya trouble you can show them all the things that you are hauling out of the school. This has helped me on more than one occasion. I recently had a principle try to shoo me off until I showed her all the broken glass I picked up. She kindly smiled and said you're welcome back anytime ;D

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
It is getting tougher here in FL to even get into the schools as they are going into total lock-down when they are not in session. Some of them look like prisons rather than schools. Mostly because of all the vandalism that is taking place. It's too bad but that is the way it is now days

OP
OP
B

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I believe that to be very true as two of my relatives here in Florida are teachers. Both of their schools, which are public, have double layered fences surrounding them. They also have fences leading up to each door, along with gated windows and such. It's a shame. I don't believe my old schools even locked their doors on the weekend back in Missouri. :-\

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
BureFreak said:
I believe that to be very true as two of my relatives here in Florida are teachers. Both of their schools, which are public, have double layered fences surrounding them. They also have fences leading up to each door, along with gated windows and such. It's a shame. I don't believe my old schools even locked their doors on the weekend back in Missouri. :-\

What's the world coming too?

I won't say, "if parents would show more interest in their children than to use them as pawns for more welfare, we'd have a better world".

I promise....I won't say it.

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions