Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good stuff WT:icon_thumright:I bet you could sell some up north in the white mountains.Lots of shops up there for the tourist trade.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Yeh!!!
I was a finish carpenter for years, and I know the skill, imagination and perseverance required for those projects.
You sir, are an artist!!
Bet you can tame A router too!!

I made 6 of these once,that sure took a spell,sooo many projects I never took pics of.

Attachments

• bbearcoffetable.jpg
    bbearcoffetable.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 62

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To bad you had to give up your shop.... Nice looking pieces. It's a good combination to be half artist / half woodworker. I have the large home that includes my woodshop up for sale now. It's only about 250 yards from me. When it sells I'll have to get busy INSTANTLY and build a new building nearer my home's property. I dread moving all the equipment and reorganizing a new shop. Attached below are some toy boxes that I've been producing and selling. I make each toy box entirely out of 5 - 2" x 4" x 8' construction grade studs (except 1/4" plywood bottom). I got the process down pretty good. It's actually easier to make 10 at once then just 1 when the jigs & stops are set up. The paint, stain and lettering for each one is endless. The ones shown have oak plywood tops (option). I made the poker frames awhile back and the log cabin style bird houses and feeders also. I never use plans or stencils or copy someone else's work... just look at a pile of lumber and start thinkin'.

You need to get your shop back buddy and get to thinking!!!!!!! And I should have been taking photos of the ALL the stuff I built in the past also. You do some great work buddy.

Attachments

• S6301393.JPG
    S6301393.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 63
  • S6301389.JPG
    S6301389.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 70
  • S6301098.JPG
    S6301098.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 78
  • S6301099.JPG
    S6301099.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 71
  • S6300950.JPG
    S6300950.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 69

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice work worldtalker! The table is beautiful! With your talent and skills you need to get your hands back into it! Here are a few of my works in progress!
Best of Luck!
Archtop build.png CigarBoxGuitarNeck.JPG IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0866.JPG

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I got to tell you, I like them all. I have done a lot of art work and at one time did the same type. I have one hanging in my bathroom( the tub lady ) I would post it , but I am afraid it would bring down the thread.
Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Right now, I'm working on a Koa ukulele for a young man's Daughter and I will send you a pic when it's done! The Curly Maple headstock shot is a neck for a Cigar Box Guitar! I've already made a matching amp using a consecutive numbered box.
Yes, I have a butt load of tools and I do have a Grizzly Planer/Joiner to flatten out (square necks)! Grizzly makes very good tools for the money and the owner is a guitar maker!
All the Best!
IMG_0112.JPG

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's NO DOUBT that there are SO MANY folks here on Tnet that have so much talent in JUST this arena. In fact if we all knew and/or EVERYBODY shared projects it would be amazing what each and every one of us have come up with and done. All you folks are amazing.... I can't hold a hat to ya all.

Wouldn't it be a BLAST for us "all" to meet together... tip a beer... and share projects and knowledge.... It doesn't get no better! No winners / losers just feeding off of each other. It would be FUN!!!!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
:occasion14:I'm up (or down) for that! It would be an awesome experience Limitool!
I like your log cabins! I think they're great!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife collects Jack Daniel items and asked me to build some display cases for these 2 trucks. Made them out of oak w/glass on 3 sides and a mirror in the back.

Attachments

• S6300472.JPG
    S6300472.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 81

wedwes

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If you ever collect any carbide scrap, I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. Paying top dollar. No limit. Please email me at [email protected] for more information. :thumbsup:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where to start? All I can do is tell all of you that you have some great talent! Really love all the things you're making. I've always wanted to get into woodworking; but time and $$ prevented it. When I had the money, I hadn't the time; when I had time, I hadn't the money. My wife and I used to talk about a small shop behind the house with some equipment. We talked about all kinds of items, from little trinkets to furniture. Just never got to do it.

I got into buying some beat-up rifles and shotguns a few years back. I've redone all of them that I bought. No, they're not professional; but a darned sight better than when I got them. I bought a little pump .22 for $140, did some work on it, and now have it on consignment at the local gun shop for $600. They suggested the price. I also, have a bolt action, 2 shot magazine, 20 gauge shotgun that I've redone, a Colteer .22 rifle, and a 3T Sears .22 (actually a Winchester 190) that turned out quite well. I've got to redo some of the bluing on the 3T. I took it out the other day and shot about 30 rounds with it. I noticed when I pulled it from the 'gun-sock' that I had it in, some of the bluing is fading on several spots. I wish I had a way to do some hot bluing; but have to use the old cold blue. This is the first gun I've had that the bluing 'faded' in some spots on.

I hope everybody will continue to post their art. I love seeing projects' pictures from beginning to finished product. It makes it seem more like you watched it happen.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
beautiful wood work I also am into woodworking just not that intricate I use a Alaskan sawmill which is a tool that you attach a chainsaw to and it allows you to cut slabs up to 4 or 6 inches thick and smaller I have not done it in awhile but I have made some tables for my wife will take a photo and show a couple I usually gather large pieces of Alligator juniper to build the tables and find branches with character for the legs

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Really nice work.:thumb_up:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some beautiful work and I applaud you for your skill. While I don't do your kind of wood working I can proudly say that my partner and I had a reputation as the best trim carpenters in the area. But, when the construction industry went bust around 2008 my partner decided to hang it up and since I couldn't keep doing it by myself I gave it up. I still have all my tools and occasionally build some cabinets or display cases but I have turned my attention to old cars.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really beautiful work. That kind of talent is something I find to be a gift. I have a barn that I could probably turn into a workshop but right now there are too many other projects around the house that need attention.
Hope you get a chance to do some more wood working.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Chris. Start doing it again and send them to me and I'll distribute them on consignment to the multitude of handcrafted souvenir shops I drive by in my territory. They have that Uber cuteness I think would attract many buyers.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Chris. Start doing it again and send them to me and I'll distribute them on consignment to the multitude of handcrafted souvenir shops I drive by in my territory. They have that Uber cuteness I think would attract many buyers.

95% of my tools are gone,I did sell a lot of them down in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread