Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Wood working I used to do.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    5905 times
    Metal Detecting
    My wife collects Jack Daniel items and asked me to build some display cases for these 2 trucks. Made them out of oak w/glass on 3 sides and a mirror in the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6300472.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	1025641  
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Aug 2014
    1 times
    If you ever collect any carbide scrap, I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. Paying top dollar. No limit. Please email me at wwedelich@anconline.com for more information.
    rook3434 likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
    1459 times
    Metal Detecting
    Where to start? All I can do is tell all of you that you have some great talent! Really love all the things you're making. I've always wanted to get into woodworking; but time and $$ prevented it. When I had the money, I hadn't the time; when I had time, I hadn't the money. My wife and I used to talk about a small shop behind the house with some equipment. We talked about all kinds of items, from little trinkets to furniture. Just never got to do it.

I got into buying some beat-up rifles and shotguns a few years back. I've redone all of them that I bought. No, they're not professional; but a darned sight better than when I got them. I bought a little pump .22 for $140, did some work on it, and now have it on consignment at the local gun shop for $600. They suggested the price. I also, have a bolt action, 2 shot magazine, 20 gauge shotgun that I've redone, a Colteer .22 rifle, and a 3T Sears .22 (actually a Winchester 190) that turned out quite well. I've got to redo some of the bluing on the 3T. I took it out the other day and shot about 30 rounds with it. I noticed when I pulled it from the 'gun-sock' that I had it in, some of the bluing is fading on several spots. I wish I had a way to do some hot bluing; but have to use the old cold blue. This is the first gun I've had that the bluing 'faded' in some spots on.

I hope everybody will continue to post their art. I love seeing projects' pictures from beginning to finished product. It makes it seem more like you watched it happen.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    11661 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    I'll bump this..any more talented folks out there??

GOD Bless

Chris
    Limitool likes this.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high
    places. Ephesians 6:12

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    205 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    beautiful wood work I also am into woodworking just not that intricate I use a Alaskan sawmill which is a tool that you attach a chainsaw to and it allows you to cut slabs up to 4 or 6 inches thick and smaller I have not done it in awhile but I have made some tables for my wife will take a photo and show a couple I usually gather large pieces of Alligator juniper to build the tables and find branches with character for the legs
    worldtalker and RustyGold like this.

us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    441 times
    Really nice work.
    worldtalker likes this.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    3156 times
    That is some beautiful work and I applaud you for your skill. While I don't do your kind of wood working I can proudly say that my partner and I had a reputation as the best trim carpenters in the area. But, when the construction industry went bust around 2008 my partner decided to hang it up and since I couldn't keep doing it by myself I gave it up. I still have all my tools and occasionally build some cabinets or display cases but I have turned my attention to old cars.
    worldtalker likes this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    13951 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Really beautiful work. That kind of talent is something I find to be a gift. I have a barn that I could probably turn into a workshop but right now there are too many other projects around the house that need attention.
    Hope you get a chance to do some more wood working.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    11743 times
    Very nice Chris. Start doing it again and send them to me and I'll distribute them on consignment to the multitude of handcrafted souvenir shops I drive by in my territory. They have that Uber cuteness I think would attract many buyers.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    11661 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Very nice Chris. Start doing it again and send them to me and I'll distribute them on consignment to the multitude of handcrafted souvenir shops I drive by in my territory. They have that Uber cuteness I think would attract many buyers.
    95% of my tools are gone,I did sell a lot of them down in the Great Smoky Mountains.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high
    places. Ephesians 6:12

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    5905 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Any room for handmade Toy Boxes?
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    999 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new polunu2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	1550214Name:  me and polunu.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0328171043.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	1550217one of my biggest to one of my smallest projects
    Duckshot likes this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clv View Post
    one of my biggest to one of my smallest projects
    Nice caterman! Who designed it, Cvl?

I make plywood duck & fishing boats. Nothing fancy, i aim for cheap. I don't even bother with epoxy. Let it rot, i can build another one for $100 or less.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    999 times
    The design is a Waller880 with several mods.
    Duckshot likes this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    3863 times
    I can build a deck or kitchen cabinets, but I have no artistic ability at all. I'm very good at refinishing furniture, but rarely have the patience to do it.

There is a guy in my town that does amazing chainsaw carvings. His name is Damon and he's also into metal detecting. He used to detect with Bill Ladd at one time. Here's one of his recent works. He carved these from tree stumps in a person's front yard. Everyone who drives by them slows down to check them out.

Name:	img-1434.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	1550444

Lots of woodworking talent in my town. Armand Lamontagne is also a Scituate resident. He's done some unreal wood sculptures of sports legends such as Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Larry Bird and more. Do a Google image search to check out some more of his sculptures. They're so lifelike, it's scary.

Name:	babe ruth.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	1550446
    worldtalker likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links