Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We wash everything off at the beach showers and have a plastic box to put our wet stuff in...a sheet would solve your problems if you weren't able to shower.

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just run it through the "wash"...:laughing7:

+1

I drive a TJ Wrangler. In the summer, the top is never on it, and I don't think it had drain plugs when I bought it.

Yeah, the bed gets dirty with all the detecting stuff back there. It gets a good washing every time it rains :)

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open the passenger door, turn left, very hard, very fast. Works for me every time. I get the urge to clean it every 5 or 6 years. Mine is a 1 ton king cab, so I have the extra space. You may find your mileage varies.

Ps. Do it before you take the wife somewhere, not during. It' s a bit hard to explain, but it will make your life easier, trust me.

Last edited:

johnpera

Greenie
Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've previously used to was my cars with AutoGlym red and gold. Normally one layer of red and one layer of gold on top of that have given a pretty nice shine. For two weeks or so... When the next summer comes I'll try something totally different, I'm fed up of spending couple of hours waxing and then all the shine is gone after two weeks or so. I'll much rather spend four hours if the wax lasts a month or even more. I'm also probably giving a try in polishing, the 406 is definitely needing it after 16 years or use...

Can anybody suggest wax/treatment to wheels, is there anything that could prevent them being coated with brake dust?

collision

Jul 14, 2014
Temecula
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtle ice wash and wax.. it is really easy.. i use it on my black focus and my silver caliber..

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the North Country, the dirt is the glue that holds the fender's on, and the rust holes in the bed of the truck allow anything not tied down and saved to disappear into thin air:laughing7:......Gary

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, that protective layer of dirt stays on. Maybe once a year it gets vacuumed.The bed gets washed down before game hunting season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread