Rams8513

Greenie
May 5, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in the building trades, and am currently at our local high school putting in new air conditioning systems. Anyway, another guy and myself are insulating the duct work in the attic above the stage in the auditorium. It's hot, cramped, etc., but that's part of the job. Anyway, I came across about 20 picture frames that had been up there for decades, lost in time and through many administrations. I have no idea who or when they were put up there, but judging by the dust and the date on the "properly display the flag" poster, I'm guessing sometime in the 50's or 60's and back. As I brushed dust off of them, I found pictures of Abe Lincoln, Ben Franklin, and a few portraits of people with historical last names for this town. I contacted the vice principal, and he had no idea they were up there, and told him I'd bring some down. He said he'd look through them, and pitch ones he didn't want to display in the school. That's when my love for all things old kicked in, and I told him that the only way I was bringing anything down is for him to donate the ones he didn't want to the local historical society. These things need to be preserved AND respected!

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya. To many things like that are discarded and lost forever.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! We are all custodians of some sort of history and it should be preserved and respected!
Great job!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job guy and I like your way of thinking also and agree!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread