The most bizarre incident Ive ever had MDing....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to get them back? Every night call the police complaining about the loud noise and disorderly conduct coming from the bar across the street!

I Didn't think about that, But perhaps that was why they Jumped you ?
Perhaps, they thought for some reason Your reporting everything at the bar ?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man you had a chance to drop the ahole,im pretty easy going but something like that would have not ended well at all.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks.
I do not have that much restraint. You do something like that to me...I will get even!
Something will happen. Whoops.
And I implore people...don't do it!
I have got in to a lot of trouble doing......"things"
But some people I swear.
Join the city council, get some zoning laws changed.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is when you turn to them, shut down your machine, take off the headphones, smile, and then with all the sincerity and kindness you can muster you say, "I see Jesus has just sent me another fallen angel to save." :laughing7: Not saying it would make them go away but you could sure have a lot of fun with them if they stayed around!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sucks.
I do not have that much restraint. You do something like that to me...I will get even!
Something will happen. Whoops.And I implore people...don't do it!
I have got in to a lot of trouble doing......"things"
But some people I swear.
Join the city council, get some zoning laws changed.

A man after my own heart.... Now, I've never gotten into trouble but that's because I haven't gotten caught (arranged). But I DID GET MY POINT ACROSS.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you should have told them?

"I was looking for the gold teeth I knocked out the last 2 persons mouths that kept screaming and asking me what I was doing with a metal detector on someone else's property!"

NOTE: Make sure you look at them dead straight in the eyes real mean like, and say it kind of psychotic sounding! You know like Jack Nicolson?

That would have went over real well and I bet they would have walked off!

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought about something. Go over to the bar, sit down and order a beer and ask if you could metal detect around their place. Tell them you will give them all the lost jewelry.....gold rings, bracelets, necklaces etc. and see what they say. lol

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just thought about something. Go over to the bar, sit down and order a beer and ask if you could metal detect around their place. Tell them you will give them all the lost jewelry.....gold rings, bracelets, necklaces etc. and see what they say. lol

Yea that would be good.... but just in case they said "Yes" I'd have some fake $20.00 gold coins (all roughed up and dirty) to "pull" out of a hole. And if there watching just throw it back into the hold and ***** about your tired of pulling out $20.00 gold coins and fill in the hole.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived behind a bar for a few years. People driving thru my yard a pissing/puking everywhere at night. Not fun.

old-cabin44.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they said nice job handling the "nut job" neighbor with the biker bar!
You truly can not let it get to you, hard sometimes I know.
The nut job wanna be king of it all is always out there.
They get the "if you see something, say something" thing screwed up and planted where the sun don't shine along with their head!

I can't tell you what it is about a metal detector that scares the hell out of the some of the general population, but what ever it is it's on steroids!
I think someone called the local pd twice on me while detecting 2 different schools. First one she ran my truck plate, we waved at each other as she left. Second time I quite early getting too hot, she pulling into the school as I'm leaving, she just smiled and shook her head.

Here's another thing to think about, maybe they don't want you finding something they have hidden, not knowing that you would not detect on other people's land with out permission. They could have a gun stash buried.

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing people Envy is what we find. It's jealousy. Period. "I'd rather it rot than be saved" people...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like they said nice job handling the "nut job" neighbor with the biker bar!
You truly can not let it get to you, hard sometimes I know.
The nut job wanna be king of it all is always out there.
They get the "if you see something, say something" thing screwed up and planted where the sun don't shine along with their head!
I can't tell you what it is about a metal detector that scares the hell out of the some of the general population, but what ever it is it's on steroids!
I think someone called the local pd twice on me while detecting 2 different schools. First one she ran my truck plate, we waved at each other as she left. Second time I quite early getting too hot, she pulling into the school as I'm leaving, she just smiled and shook her head.

Here's another thing to think about, maybe they don't want you finding something they have hidden, not knowing that you would not detect on other people's land with out permission. They could have a gun stash buried.

Amen.... period

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is why I find people annoying. They should mind their business.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After them shouting at you a few times you shoulda turned to them and said real serious "You can see me"...and looked surprised! maybe that would have stunned them! LOL :laughing7:

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
The thing people Envy is what we find. It's jealousy. Period. "I'd rather it rot than be saved" people...

I don't know why people hate what we do so much but I know when I go to the beach where its perfectly legal to do what we do, I try not to make eye contact with people because of the amount of times I've seen people just leering at me like they could kill me for being out there swinging a detector. And I keep distance from people so as not to infringe on there space and I've still gotten looks. Like I said, Now I just try to keep my head down and make no eye contact.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why people hate what we do so much but I know when I go to the beach where its perfectly legal to do what we do, I try not to make eye contact with people because of the amount of times I've seen people just leering at me like they could kill me for being out there swinging a detector. And I keep distance from people so as not to infringe on there space and I've still gotten looks. Like I said, Now I just try to keep my head down and make no eye contact.

You..and me..have just as much right to be there as they do!
Your removing trash from the beach.
Your are filling the holes you dig (tourists..no)
It is not their beach.
I mean, get A clue! These same people that leer at you..go home and commit who knows what kind off atrocities.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm too old to let a-holes bother me!:laughing7:

I wink at the ladies on the beach and say good day to the guys. I don't believe I've ever had a problem?

But, I do "Speak softly and carry a big stick"!

OBX-11a.jpg

And if they don't like that... I'll pee on their beach!:icon_thumleft:

relief.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread