The most bizarre incident Ive ever had MDing....

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend has a nutty wife like this. She is a busy body who likes to boss people around and then later brag about how she "showed those people who was boss". Someday she will get her teeth knocked out of her head and probably for a good reason.

Her father-in-law owns a large farm with several ponds. He told a friend of his that he could bring his grand kids to his pond and let them fish anytime. Well nutty daughter in law waited until he wasn't home one day, pulled up and screamed at the old man with his grand-kids who were fishing. Threatening to throw them off the property, that they were trespassing, etc. Her father-in-law later found out about this and about blew a gasket. She also drives around and harasses the guys who he leases some of his farm land too, trying to boss them around and threaten them. Keep in mind that she owns none of this property.

I personally think that she is manic-depressive and has some other issues (like being a busy-body dumb@$$). Sounds like the bar owner and his followers are just as goofy as this woman. Next time take the garden hose to them, that usually makes them vacate pretty fast. If they make a deal about it and the cops show up, they were trespassing and walked in front of you while you were watering flowers :laughing7:

Remember, never argue with a person like this. They will just drag you down to their level and they will always win. They like to start fights and when they lose, suddenly they become the "victim".

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeremy: I totally agree... they can "flip" so quick. Whatever it takes to get the attention they so desperately need or desire.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the quote from the Clint Eastwood movie ! reminds me of some of the earlier ones "do you feel lucky punk? ...well do ya ?"

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang zombies...:BangHead:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, lived next to a certain type of bar for about 4 years. Generally, people only starred at me with hollowness...didn't bother me too much(even while detecting)...until around 1:55 am. Then...pure bedlam. Destroyed fence line, trash in yard, loud fights, loud dumb music, car doors, car alarms, horn tag, cops, zombies bobble heading head first into traffic, blacked out lawn nappers...it was like watching a pandemonium of drunk parrots eat each other...total calamity. Every bar in my opinion is like an abysmal portal to hell...a potential turnabout for debauchery...what goes in may seem normal, but what comes out is like a ravenous wolf made of boiling tar.

OP
OP
SilverFinger

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, thought of that no doubt. I'm a peace lovin' man. lol... That bar had had no less than 6 neighborhood petitions for him to shut down and a few neighbors move away because of the nightly mayhem. It's only a matter of time before he gets his comeuppance. Karma is a bey-otch.

OP
OP
SilverFinger

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord, sounds EXACTLY like my situation. Are we neighbors? :) If so, grab your favorite machine and come on over. I found a great spot!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, lived next to a certain type of bar for about 4 years. Generally, people only starred at me with hollowness...didn't bother me too much(even while detecting)...until around 1:55 am. Then...pure bedlam. Destroyed fence line, trash in yard, loud fights, loud dumb music, car doors, car alarms, horn tag, cops, zombies bobble heading head first into traffic, blacked out lawn nappers...it was like watching a pandemonium of drunk parrots eat each other...total calamity. Every bar in my opinion is like an abysmal portal to hell...a potential turnabout for debauchery...what goes in may seem normal, but what comes out is like a ravenous wolf made of boiling tar.
I hear you. I was a bouncer at a local bar. Like a shirt I once had said... Instant A-hole just add alcohol!

OP
OP
SilverFinger

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It'd be a nice world if it wasn't for people. I think I'm going to metal detect dressed in full drag. Makeup, high-heels, frilly little dress, long blond wig. That way if anyone bothers me, I'll get 'em for a hate crime as it's obvious they're harassing me because of their prejudice against transexuals. I'd make the news and there'd probably be a national campaign for all sorts of empathy towards transexual metal detectorists.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
:D

Yep. It'd be a nice world if it wasn't for people. I think I'm going to metal detect dressed in full drag. Makeup, high-heels, frilly little dress, long blond wig. That way if anyone bothers me, I'll get 'em for a hate crime as it's obvious they're harassing me because of their prejudice against transexuals. I'd make the news and there'd probably be a national campaign for all sorts of empathy towards transexual metal detectorists.

Wait now ... this thread has degenerated down a worm hole I don't want to go ...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I ask is...pictures!
Pictures!:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yea I'm with Viking on this one... You'll have to post some pics at this point. But I'm with ya on your orginal post here... I would have been pissed off myself, badly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread