Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should clarify....nothing is worth nothing.its just gonna take a few nice ones to get a big mac

cheers

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol thanks for the reply

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This just reminded me of something. Last year, middle of summer I went to MI. to deliver some furniture I had built. I took my MD along. The home I was at was built in the early 1900's. When I came out the so called back door I went to the corner of the house and turned on the MD. The ground at this point was like quicksand (very soft & sandy). The overhead gutter was broke and dumped all the rain in this area. I got a loud hit from the MD. About 12" down I found an old ceramic lined mason jar lid. I also found a lot of broken glass I assume from the jar itself. I ran the MD back over the hole and I still got a very weak signal. I was going to dig a larger deeper hole but it started to rain real hard and I quit. The next morning it was raining again and I left. I wonder if something was in the jar (money) and it just all sank in the really soft soil...????

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, Life's mysteries!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JR55.... Darn you. Now you got me thinking about this old hit on this houses corner and now I'm 630 miles away. I don't think these lids are worth anything. Way to many guy.

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's so wild about this place is they were close to the same place and they say the old man was a hoarder. Have permission to hunt again anytime I want!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's so wild about this place is they were close to the same place and they say the old man was a hoarder. Have permission to hunt again anytime I want!

Well get on back there and good for you. Hope it's semi close for ya and you find something.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two Sat. Both are milk glass. One was a surface find in a creek, the other nearby within the metal jar cap. Thought I was closing in on a bottle dump, but nothing else turned up?
Good luck
Peace

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They arent real money makers or anything. But I know I have seen people sell them in lots on Ebay, Used in decorations or whatever.

I don't go out seeking these, but I keep the ones i have. Only because sometimes I find old mason jars without lids, So i just use them on those jars. So far, they have all seemed to fit

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a few that I keep up on the wall but they were ones I dug up that my Grandmother had canned with at the old home place, they mean a lot to me but that's about it.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a few recently in an antique shop going for a few dollars each. They were white glass. Nothing special, but specially priced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions