Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There I was, sweat pouring down my face, headphones slipping around as I knelt down with the pin pointer. It sounded off with excitement as I found where the hidden object lay, anticipation was building, in my heart it was just another pull tab but who knows! So my digger digs in a little ways and flips the dirt on over and...and...and to my astonishment, I see the shine.. is it? NAH, just another pull tab! Having dug a bunch of tabs and pull rings, I was surprised to dig 2 nickles as they had read like some of the pull rings. I know that this is normal everyday stuff for the average MD, but it still gets old as you wade through them. I get excited when I get the signals in the eighties, hoping for silver or at least real pennies,dimes or quarters but most of the time it is just another can or a piece of one. I don't understand why, but it seems really hard to even find a plain ole wheatie around here much less a merc or something like that. I know that they gotta be somewhere and I just have to keep swinging and digging those signals. I just wanted to say that I for one, really appreciate the posts, especially with the pics with further proof that somebody is actually finding the good stuff and not just those pesky pull tabs and rings. I spent 4 hours out there, dug tabs, pull rings, batteries, foil, brass screws, wire, cans, some clad, screw on bottle caps and a few bottle caps, lead, bits and pieces of aluminum. So thanks for those posts, they keep some of us swinging in spite of the heat!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter, our gold and silver is out there waiting, we just have to find it!
When I find something good, first words are "Oh My God!"

I hate those gold nip caps! Reads like a ring, the darn thing is round, and when the top is sunk in with dirt in it, it looks like a gold ring in the hole! And I get all excited over nothing!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya don't have to watch the video.... I was inspired to mess up the lyrics. LOL

You don't know what you got till its duuuugggg.... it could be a diamond ring or a cap from Boonneesss faaarrmm.... you don't know what ya got tillll iiiitttsss dddduuugggg.... so baby take it easy and just sing this sooonnnggg......8) *guitar solo*

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, that's it in a nutshell, if you pass it... if you don't dig it... you'll never know for sure. the pull tabs are one thing but sometimes those pull rings can for a split second look just like the real thing and get a momentary flutter of the heart rate until it sinks in. LOL its there, we just have to swing over it 1st and then be smart enough to dig what we are almost certain is just another tab or ring. I had recently gone back on my profile and changed my occupation to Pull Tab Extractor, it seems to be what I do the most. Just waiting for that big smile to form as I see what I have been searching for. in the meantime, any cool stuff is a bonus, especially the historical things! good hunting all and hydrate!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You are finding items so we just got to swing over the goodies! They won't be making fun of the old Pull Tab Extractor when Pull Tab values skyrocket! :laughing7:
Best of Luck!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today was the day when the pull tab signal was really the gold! 10 k gold amethyst ring.... oh yeah and a silver Canadian coin as well! OH YEAH!

AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya don't have to watch the video.... I was inspired to mess up the lyrics. LOL

You don't know what you got till its duuuugggg.... it could be a diamond ring or a cap from Boonneesss faaarrmm.... you don't know what ya got tillll iiiitttsss dddduuugggg.... so baby take it easy and just sing this sooonnnggg......8) *guitar solo*

Thank you so much for the laugh.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you really begin to wonder, will I ever find gold by digging all of those stupid pull rings/tabs? Yep, eventually when you swing over the right target!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
them tab's are a nuisance sometimes.I even catch myself wanting to walk away from a good sound next to where I just found another tab or some other kind of trash,especially when it is hot and I am not finding anything!but that is a really good way to miss something that we are out there after.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah, I know of several times I started to skip a dig because I was getting tired of digging a similar signal only to dig a silver ring, now a gold ring as well as several other cool things. it is the unknown, the what if that keeps up digging them anyways, that could be the one.... I do love the surprises!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so I am well on my way with the next thousand pull ring/tabs, foil and pencil erasers but it would be really nice if I could find some gold way before that many again! HA!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on that one!

Maybe we'll have to have a prettiest pull tab contest, or strangest one! I'm going to start stringing my trash finds and hanging them around my neck while detecting then if people want to come up and ask what I'm doing I can show them! That should get them gone in a hurry! Got to make that trash work for you!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep the faith!! one day you just never know!!

as my tagline say;

It's OK to be disappointed AFTER you dug it - as long as you never forget; that BEFORE you dug it, it had the POTENTIAL to be life changing!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those aluminum pencil eraser tops are annoying, they sound so good after being in the ground 20 years plus =D

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, dug about thirty plus of them yesterday, occasionally they turn into nickles. told the wife that I really wish that I had invested in pencil erasers forty years ago, it is hard to explain to non detectors how much trash there really is until you start emptying your pouch. it only takes one gold ring to keep you digging. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread