bought a five dollar detector

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello,i found a bounty hunter pioneer ex at a yard sale couple of weeks ago.sold my tejon and was kinda missing looking in the dirt,anyway this thing has already found me some gold as in a diamond earring.clad and a diamond that day,today i found some other stuff with it maybe some more gold as i have to get it checked out.i have already been over these spots with my gti 2500,bandito,and tejon all pretty high dollar machines except the bandito it was like 75.00 dollars when i bought it,not saying they are bad machines as they were great just trying to say that any detector will get you the goods.
saw a thread were someone could not find gold with his detector,im not sure but i think you need to have a spot first,then you should be able to find what your looking for,anyway i thought id have some fun and show what my detector will do the first is my diamond i found forgot how much clad there was but not much and here is what i found today 14k 003.JPG today 001.JPG today 002.JPG today 003.JPG today 004.JPG today 005.JPG today 006.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! Is it because the machine reads gold better, or does it go deeper?

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello ms beep i think it is because i dig any beep the bracelet was not gold,oh well.i think it is just fun to use it i like the tones alot.going to try it on some of my other spots soon

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG just got back from a hunt with ole 5dollar,it got my heart racing today but i think the buffalo has all his parts

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds. Your detector more than paid for itself with your first find.

I bought a Tracker IV for 30 bucks myself and found gold and silver jewelry as well as silver coins. As long as you have a good spot to hunt, an inexpensive detector will find the goods.

I'm not sure about the depth factor but I dug up a silver Rosie a few days ago that was about 9 inches down packed in hard clay. I couldn't believe it.
That second find was with my "expensive" detector, a BH 202 that I paid big money for; a whopping 70 bucks!!

Congrats on a great buy on a detector as well as your awesome finds. may the cheap detector continue to bring you good fortune.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread