garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remove the trash, it is your property, you have all the time in the world.. The good stuff could very well be masked by the junk.. good target 4" under a bottle cap is not going to be seen till the bottle cap is gone..
If you have never read this, it is worthwhile Beneath The Mask ? NASA Tom - Detector Stuff
also this Truth About Search Coils
and this Halo Effect
Actually just about everything on the above site is worth reading..

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Set the discrimination knob to the second triangle if all you want are coins and silver. Are you using the stock 950 coil? If so try getting the smaller dd shooter coil to get in between. I have no idea how big the property is so really can't tell you to dig everything. If they drank a lot then maybe they dropped some rings and other goodies. You can also set it at the first triangle and not dig the bottle caps, the vdi is spot on and the stock 950 coil will 99% of the times give you a rough, broken sound on bottle caps. Just remember, there might be a good target just underneath.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. MJ nailed it. You can also flip the switch on the Handle forward for sound mode. Coins give smooth kind of higher pitch in both directions. But alas, if the target is under trash you may have some digging to do.
Also pay attention to the VID #'s. if you keep getting the same number and it's bottle caps, then it's probable another one.
If the signal bounces around in the coin range dig it, it's usually something good.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One last thing, you are using what I feel IMO is the best metal detector whites ever made. Everything you need, nothing you don't. If I have only one piece of advise for you it's this, if you get a signal in the coin range, no matter how much it bounces around dig it.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSbeepx2 and MrMJ are obviously the ones for your needs.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread