Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
But she likes to go to the beach and read. So sometimes we go together, and I just leave her with her book and I go on my merry way with my MD.

The worst part is when I go back to pick her up with nothing to show but rusty nails, sinkers, and fish hooks, and maybe some change. She just looks at it and says "That's nice" (kind of snarky).

So I stole an idea from someone here (who will remain anonymous) who made a post awhile back showing a Spanish eight reale he claimed to have found on the beach. I stopped by the McLarty Museum and bought a couple fake Spanish two escudo gold coins.

Next time she asks to see what I found, I'm gonna drop those two dudes in her lap. That'll fix her good.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if she's snarking at your finds so far, I say go for it!

It's at those times when people belittle my hard won treasures by saying "that's all?" That I would love to say "No I actually dug up a pirates chest full of gold but put it back because I was looking for silver!"

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
But she likes to go to the beach and read. So sometimes we go together, and I just leave her with her book and I go on my merry way with my MD.

The worst part is when I go back to pick her up with nothing to show but rusty nails, sinkers, and fish hooks, and maybe some change. She just looks at it and says "That's nice" (kind of snarky).

So I stole an idea from someone here (who will remain anonymous) who made a post awhile back showing a Spanish eight reale he claimed to have found on the beach. I stopped by the McLarty Museum and bought a couple fake Spanish two escudo gold coins.

Next time she asks to see what I found, I'm gonna drop those two dudes in her lap. That'll fix her good.

That'll work boatlode till she wants you to take em to the pawnshop to cash em in and then she'll be hot as a firecracker....lol

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My good lady also used to scoff, when I went out at all hours.....

Now? not so much! :laughing7:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's time for a new Girlfriend that has more in common with you.. Tell her you will be looking for one on the beach next time out along with the rusty nails..

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I didn't want to say it, but I see airscapes said it.

How much do you like md'ing boatload? Because as is the fashion of ALL "cute" things when you're dating someone, trust me: they don't get better later in life (if you married her), they get worse.

So too did my wife, back when we were just dating, roll her eyes at the notion of detecting. I blew it off and didn't care. Thought it was cute, and figured she'd get into it later, etc... But here we are, 15+ yrs. later, and it's like pulling teeth to get to go out and detect. I mean, sure, she can't "stop me", but .... there's the perpetual notion on her part that other things (housework, social plans, career, etc...) are more important. And that md'ing is a waste of time, etc.... Not that those things stop me, but .... as much as I love md'ing, it's as if I have to "sneak" or "earn", etc... time to do it. And that bites. So ask yourself how much you like md'ing. There's lots of women in this world, and when or if you get married, you gotta pick carefully.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if she's snarking at your finds so far, I say go for it!

It's at those times when people belittle my hard won treasures by saying "that's all?" That I would love to say "No I actually dug up a pirates chest full of gold but put it back because I was looking for silver!"

Yea been there... done that. I've found several solid silver horseshoes but I just left them because I'm looking for the SOLID GOLDEN ONE.
And your idea guy of getting the fake coins would be fun to do.... let us know if you decide to pull this off.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't want to say it, but I see airscapes said it.

How much do you like md'ing boatload? Because as is the fashion of ALL "cute" things when you're dating someone, trust me: they don't get better later in life (if you married her), they get worse.

So too did my wife, back when we were just dating, roll her eyes at the notion of detecting. I blew it off and didn't care. Thought it was cute, and figured she'd get into it later, etc... But here we are, 15+ yrs. later, and it's like pulling teeth to get to go out and detect. I mean, sure, she can't "stop me", but .... there's the perpetual notion on her part that other things (housework, social plans, career, etc...) are more important. And that md'ing is a waste of time, etc.... Not that those things stop me, but .... as much as I love md'ing, it's as if I have to "sneak" or "earn", etc... time to do it. And that bites. So ask yourself how much you like md'ing. There's lots of women in this world, and when or if you get married, you gotta pick carefully.

Tom you hit that one on the head...could not have said it better myself. I feel just like you...I have to sneak off or earn the chance to go. Everything else take priority over md'ing.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'd a been digging up all the gold and diamonds I been digging for years now, she wouldn't have a thing to complain about!
In fact, she'd be packing you a sammich lunch and sending you on your way out the door, every day! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Not to worry Tom, this ain't my first rodeo. Been there, done that, won't do that again. I don't even want her staying at my house. She has her own place, and that's the way I like it. The last GF wanted to move in, and that's why she got the boot.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to worry Tom, this ain't my first rodeo. Been there, done that, won't do that again. I don't even want her staying at my house. She has her own place, and that's the way I like it. The last GF wanted to move in, and that's why she got the boot.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And your idea guy of getting the fake coins would be fun to do.... let us know if you decide to pull this off.

Oh its gonna happen. Next time she goes with me to the beach. The escudos are already in my Ace Hardware apron.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very grateful for my gf. If I stay home all day on my days off and don't go detecting, she always asks why. She knows doing things that make us happy will also make us happy when we are not doing them. She has her likes and I have mine. I don't belittle what she likes and she is the same. As they say " Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Time spent away from each other can sometimes be a big plus.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very grateful for my gf. If I stay home all day on my days off and don't go detecting, she always asks why. She knows doing things that make us happy will also make us happy when we are not doing them. She has her likes and I have mine. I don't belittle what she likes and she is the same. As they say " Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Time spent away from each other can sometimes be a big plus.

Yep. I don't 'get' most of hubby's pastimes, nor does he get mine - which includes MDing. No problem, we're not joined at the hip.

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'd a been digging up all the gold and diamonds I been digging for years now, she wouldn't have a thing to complain about!
In fact, she'd be packing you a sammich lunch and sending you on your way out the door, every day! :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat has it right.
Someday lightning will strike and you will make your find of a life time.
Mine is the ring you see as my avatar.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/304687-my-best-gold-diamonds-ever.html
I gave it to my wife and she wears it everyday. Rarely do I get any grief for detecting. If anything its just a little jelousy that I'm at the beach and she could not go that time.
I even get cool gifts like diamond and gold testers.

Good Luck,
Larry

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
pat-tekker-cat has it right.
Someday lightning will strike and you will make your find of a life time.
Mine is the ring you see as my avatar.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/304687-my-best-gold-diamonds-ever.html
I gave it to my wife and she wears it everyday. Rarely do I get any grief for detecting. If anything its just a little jelousy that I'm at the beach and she could not go that time.
I even get cool gifts like diamond and gold testers.

Good Luck,
Larry

GF is not getting a diamond ring from me, even if I dug up a box full of them.

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GF is not getting a diamond ring from me, even if I dug up a box full of them.

I understand, but you will sure get her attention.....

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other

My thoughts exactly! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions