Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
postin round here is a cross tween textin and speakin.aint much bout writin..I cool wit dat.prolly the correcters are gettin picked on in the real world an r pissed.Iffn I drink a few beers an join in a thread...well...I joined an Im cool wit it.Iffn I start a thread and wun of yall chime in...I'm happy ta sees ya.

If however one would decide to chide me over an inconsequential error whilst typing an interesting and insightful observation I would with glad heart offer this in meaningful response...............neener neener ya weener..:occasion14:

cheers

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone trying to correct someone's spelling and grammar should remember it violates our rules.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone trying to correct someone's spelling and grammar should remember it violates our rules.

ya still cant cure weeneritis...its good to know they can be made to take a time out tho..:occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the first one to Joke about my own Education, I usually just say Hey ,
I went to w****** ****** :-[
seriously ! I was able to Perfect invisibility.
From as far back as I can remember, If I didn't show up, I wasn't marked Absent.
If I did show up, I wasn't marked Present that I know :tongue3: the teachers never talked to me :headbang:

If I decided to walk the halls instead of attending class, Or sit in the bleachers instead of Gym
class because of Boredom life went on.

although what tests I got caught attending for,
I bluffed my way through them, & somehow I never failed.
so :dontknow:
was just a Joke, But at least not like the Prisons they are now.

Anyway if anyone wants to know the Rule that apples

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with you there just to many perfect people……….but i am not one ….. And a while back some one ……criticized me ….. for using these dots so much they did not like it and i guess they …. thought i was pretty dumb you know not smart …LOL … But ..Treasure_Hunter …let them know they could not do that here……..on Tnet

Keppy.... Your not alone in this "type" of writing. I use dot, dot, dots as of way of dragging out a thought. Much like a comma after a word starts a "new" train of thought until the period appears. You got my support........................................... Brad

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tell them to go fly a kite and read Jane Austen's best sellers. and perhaps a big, fat WTF! LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy.... Your not alone in this "type" of writing. I use dot, dot, dots as of way of dragging out a thought. Much like a comma after a word starts a "new" train of thought until the period appears. You got my support........................................... Brad
the Only way this bugs me & I edit is if someone does this ..................
for twice the Width of the sites pages without Breaks.

sometimes doing so, makes it necessary to Scroll from Right to left, To right to left, to read
posts. I'm sure Ya'll have seen that already, & It does irritate me enough to Shorten the .............'s :laughing7: or at least add breaks

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
the Only way this bugs me & I edit is if someone does this ..................
for twice the Width of the sites pages without Breaks.

sometimes doing so, makes it necessary to Scroll from Right to left, To right to left, to read
posts. I'm sure Ya'll have seen that already, & It does irritate me enough to Shorten the .............'s :laughing7: or at least add breaks[/QUOTE … I have never had them that long ….. you got me mixed up with some one else……And to all of you out there i really like my dot's……………...

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must admit I was the one who called out jhen999. I qualified it as not trying to be mean, but pointing out that they were referring to metal detector settings as sittings. Not just once, but multiple times. jhen999 pressed like about my comment. So I thought all was good. But apparently not. I saw it as someone who had left their zipper down, or a woman with her clothing tag sticking out. Do you just let them walk around unaware or do you point it out so they can fix it? I had no malice or high mindedness when I made the comment. If you were offended I apologize.

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the "sittings" as "settings" myself.....I mean I just went with it....

T

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
I was right there with mike...no harm intended. Now I realize why no one was saying anything. Sorry jhenn

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Mikeraydj...I was not offended at all...the thing is you are not the first person to do that on here and I have seen other people do it on here to others and from what I see in the comments its happen before.. the way I look at it is, if you know what someone is saying and its not spelled right, why point it out for everyone else to see because they have already seen it and know what was mint.. I have been told my zipper is down a few times as well in my life as well...lol...this getting older stuff is not the Golden years...it is the Olden years and its a *****..

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have to put this out here..I am a bad speller and not afraid to say so, and the computer over the years has helped me with that part of my life ALOT, just by being able to do just this kind of thing, Posting on here using e-mail and face book, just using the computer in general , spell check has saved my ass ALOT, but hey I make mistakes and will again..

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Long Island, moved to Florida at 16 in 1973. So I have a yankee and a southern accent in different things I say and how I say them
. My mother-in-law has a habit of trying to correct the way i pronounce things. I am so sick of it. She even does this in front of people. I remember a bunch of us went out to eat about 7-8 years ago and I pronounced something "my way". She corrected me in front of everyone at the table. I was so embarrassed that all I could do or say was, "and it is very rude to correct people in front of other people"! (just like what she just did to me) That did not phase her one bit, to this day she still does it and I am so fed up that I am ready to tell her to just shut the H#LL up and just leave me alone! I have no desire to change my way's that I tawk now! LOL It's downright rude....people need to get over it. Guess it makes themselves feel better to go to such extremes

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am from Long Island, moved to Florida at 16 in 1973. So I have a yankee and a southern accent in different things I say and how I say them
. My mother-in-law has a habit of trying to correct the way i pronounce things. I am so sick of it. She even does this in front of people. I remember a bunch of us went out to eat about 7-8 years ago and I pronounced something "my way". She corrected me in front of everyone at the table. I was so embarrassed that all I could do or say was, "and it is very rude to correct people in front of other people"! (just like what she just did to me) That did not phase her one bit, to this day she still does it and I am so fed up that I am ready to tell her to just shut the H#LL up and just leave me alone! I have no desire to change my way's that I tawk now! LOL It's downright rude....people need to get over it. Guess it makes themselves feel better to go to such extremes
.. You know how it is if they can put some one down .. It makes them feel superior …. there is my dot's again…..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.. You know how it is if they can put some one down .. It makes them feel superior …. there is my dot's again…..
What.........dots you talking about....keppy?

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I have a habit of using three dots at the end of a sentence...
this is called a "Ellipsis"... just in case you tupid people didn't know!:laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm southern and I type like an old Chinese movie called "Two fingers Of Fury".

I do admire and appreciate our members that take the time to type through a language translator to share their finds from far away.

Very cool.

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I blame auto correct.
If I don't look at what I typed before I hit the reply button this dang iPad could write anything for me that I never wrote.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions