Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again I apologize. I should have told you in a PM, instead of in the thread. I was trying to be helpful. I make plenty of mistakes too. I try to learn from them. It is important to me to be understood. The written word is the only thing that people here have to go by. I have been a radio broadcaster for 30 years. The reason I have been one that long is through the ability to communicate. It is very powerful. My words do have life. So I try to choose them wisely.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Only way this bugs me & I edit is if someone does this ..................
for twice the Width of the sites pages without Breaks.

sometimes doing so, makes it necessary to Scroll from Right to left, To right to left, to read
posts. I'm sure Ya'll have seen that already, & It does irritate me enough to Shorten the .............'s :laughing7: or at least add breaks[/QUOTE … I have never had them that long ….. you got me mixed up with some one else……And to all of you out there i really like my dot's……………...

actually, I didn't mean you.
although I don't keep Notes so I don't know who they were

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I was the one who called out jhen999. I qualified it as not trying to be mean, but pointing out that they were referring to metal detector settings as sittings. Not just once, but multiple times. jhen999 pressed like about my comment. So I thought all was good. But apparently not. I saw it as someone who had left their zipper down, or a woman with her clothing tag sticking out. Do you just let them walk around unaware or do you point it out so they can fix it? I had no malice or high mindedness when I made the comment. If you were offended I apologize.

actually I never Meat gaze so I'm sure I let allot of guys walk around with zippers down.
I'm not the Fly Police.

a woman with her zipper down, or her clothing tag sticking out ? Fashion Statement or otherwise
again not my business unless she's pretty enough to Chat up, to hit on,
I'd even let her walk around with Toilet paper hanging below her skirt hem..

as for what your apologizing for , I'll give you a :thumbsup: although I'm Lost :laughing7:

advising someone of a typo is not against the rules.

it is up to the OP whether they care.

correcting someone in order to act superior, or when your loosing an argument would have been wrong 8-) which I'm taking it, was not your case

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to say to all the people that posted a comment on this thread...there are and was no hard feeling on my part with what was said by anybody..like I said I make mistakes and will make more and I am sure somebody at some point will say something..that's just people being people....I posted this thread just to see how people feel about the subject. Its all good, and I think Jeff said all that needs to be said on the subject on his last post here...:)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I blame auto correct.
If I don't look at what I typed before I hit the reply button this dang iPad could write anything for me that I never wrote.

Your's too? I can't make enough mistakes on my own the darn thing HAS to help me!!!
So I'm always telling people if I ever tell you I like your liver.....it should be Silver! :icon_scratch: even this has questionable meaning. :icon_scratch:

I couldn't get out of my own way if I tried! :dontknow:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My mother-in-law has a habit of trying to correct the way i pronounce things. I am so sick of it. She even does this in front of people.

You are a saint, LP.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My mother-in-law has a habit of trying to correct the way i pronounce things. I am so sick of it. She even does this in front of people. I remember a bunch of us went out to eat about 7-8 years ago and I pronounced something "my way". She corrected me in front of everyone at the table. I was so embarrassed that all I could do or say was, "and it is very rude to correct people in front of other people"! (just like what she just did to me) That did not phase her one bit, to this day she still does it and I am so fed up that I am ready to tell her to just shut the H#LL up and just leave me alone! I have no desire to change my way's that I tawk now! LOL It's downright rude....people need to get over it. Guess it makes themselves feel better to go to such extremes

When she does that the next time look at her intently and say, "I'm sorry what? Wait, is that a booger hanging from your nose?" and point at her face.

It will only take a couple of times.

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When she does that the next time look at her intently and say, "I'm sorry what? Wait, is that a booger hanging from your nose?" and point at her face.

It will only take a couple of times.

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to get some opinions on the subject of spelling and bad grammar...I have seen post on here with missed spelled words or missed used words...I have done it myself more than a few times..and I have been called out on here for it and seen other people that have to....I know people are not perfect and things like that happen all the time..but to point it out on here!! for what!! I am not sure about that...everybody that reads these post knows what people are saying or mint to say, and I see no reason to be little them for that, or make comments about it...I wish I was perfect...but sadly I am not and no body that I know is..I joined this forum because I like metal detecting and I like seeing what other people have to say about there machines....not to be made fun of or not want to post something because a word is miss spelled or miss used.....or maybe its because I am an 70 year cranky old man.......any thoughts on this ???

using paragraphs is also a good idea :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When people call you out on your spelling and grammar, it's a mental disorder on their part.
WORST response ever! Tell your kids they can use that on their teachers when they goto school! Damn those mentally disordered! Now where's that roll eyes?!

Any one considering jumping some ones spelling should remember English is not the first language of a lot of our members and things get mixed up when typing.
Very true!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on...... As stated by Jeff and I, attacking someone's grammar violates the rules.. There is no need to attack people posting in this thread.....

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My Mom used to say "when you got your finger pointed at someone
there's three pointing back at you"!:laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do grammar and spelling mistakes bother me as well as fun on sentences? Yes. Do I say something? No,because its rude,end of story. My husband is mathematically inclined and I am not and I know when he makes mention of it even joking it bothers me.

Last edited:

datagal

Sep 23, 2013
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you, this is not a forum for perfect spelling and grammar, it is a place for getting your point across in your own words at your own speed. Ignore the critics of your words and how they are used and spelled. Just continue to share your stories, adventures and detecting finds with those of us who enjoy reading them. I have yet to read a posting I couldn't understand, and if I do, I will ask for clarification.

P.S:
This is from a cranky old woman who gets paid to be a grammer and spelling critic, but I would never, ever do so on this site. This is a place for fun and sharing of knowledge and experiences with others.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So funny! I just read the OP post and I had no idea that grammer was spelled differently!
Just goes to show that the brain nos wut yuo meen!:laughing7:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the thoughts are clear pretty much any grammar or punctuation is ok in my opinion. You can make a cake in a lot of ways~ the people your serving it to just have to be able to eat it. Butchering the language can be thought of as an accent. It adds spice to the cake however not everyone will agree to the taste. For me I try to be polite and not throw the cake back in the servers face however I wont accept a chocolate cake only to be served key lime pie. ;)

It would be nice if everyone practiced good grammar. Boring but nice.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraphs..whats a paragraph..:)

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
i live in Mexico. I don't hear well, and my grammar in spanish is pretty much nonexistent.

But on local forums people are so illliterate no one seems to realize I am not Mexican. :D

As long as I can understand a person, I try to pay no attention to spelling or grammar.

Last night on Facebook, I mentioned that my favorite saxophone player had invited my wife and I to her school closing. I realized a minute later that it should be she invited my wife and me. I added a note and a North American friend said, yes, it should be me, not I. She wasn't really correcting me; only answering my question.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraphs..whats a paragraph..:)

Lack of paragraphs immediately stops me from reading post unless it was reported as a broken rules...I want complain, just don't read.....

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont cha jst luv spel ck?

(Don't you just love spell check?) Grammar and spelling are a pet peeve of mine, too. However, a lot of computers do the automatic spell check and lots of times they get it wrong! Just think we paid hundreds (thousands?) for the privilege of having the computer check for us! My favorite peeve is when people *must* add an apostrophe just because of word ends in "s". If you have the saying "He**'s Bells" only the first word has the apostrophe, not both. Some folks would put an apostrophe before the s in bells, too.

I've said my piece...peace...peice...whatever! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread