Spelling and bad Garmmar

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady Pirate, mothers-in-law sometimes make you grit your teeth...mine does. She does seem a little over the top though.

I take a LONG time to type my posts on here and other forums. I TRY to make good sentences and spell correctly. I take time to think about my words. Unless I've been drinking...LOL

Words are the only thing I have to paint a picture here, no facial expression on inflection of voice. I dont want u peeps to think i is stoopid. I want to at least appear intelligent and get my point across. If you type like your texting, I won't complain but I also won't read your post.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just today, again she tried to correct me. If I say something like " I was at the mall and seen a dress I liked" she stops me dead in my tracks and goes "Ah" what's that? I saw. So I told her today to just leave me alone on my talking, I am 57 1/2 years old and she can get off my case now. She just made a ugly face. So lets see if it sank in??? I doubt it.

I would say at 57 1/2, you're entitled to talk however you dang well please. You're probably also entitled to not have to count your age in half years. ;)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there Lady Pirate.(The baseball bats in the video are not a suggestion just cause you seen it..:laughing7:)

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the hobby and do not worry about the spelling on your posts. I have found that most who take pleasure in correcting others are doing so because they have issues of their own. Most have an inferiority complex and try to compensate by finding a reason to put themselves "above" those they confront. What possible reason could pointing out misspelling or improper grammar serve if they understand the post. They simply want to be viewed as superior to those who make mistakes. And that my friend is a true sign of weakness. Just my 2 cents.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say at 57 1/2, you're entitled to talk however you dang well please. You're probably also entitled to not have to count your age in half years. ;)
LOL

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xrunndonex, I don't know if you were asking me if I'm a grammar cop or just the thread. If you were asking me, then: No, I'm not a grammar cop. In fact I am a high school graduate with only a half credit in English before I dropped out of Jr. college to get married. The only other education I've had is some home study for some electronics.
Oh, one more thing I'd like to add. I, too, took typing in high school, 2 years; also 2 years of bookkeeping. This was in the 1958/59 and the 1959/60 (junior and senior) school years. We still had some of the old cast iron frame Underwoods in typing class the first year; but about half of the typewriters were later Royals, etc. We didn't get to use electrics until about 2 months before the end of the school year. Even then, we had to 'rotate' each day so that everyone would get to use the electrics some. I believe we had 5 electrics for a class of about 25 students. When I moved to Idaho (from Texas) in 2007, I left an old cast iron frame Underwood typewriter that was in almost 'good' working order.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read a language expert's article once that said the folks here in southern Indiana have the worst contraction habit in the US. "I am going fishing, do you want to come along?" becomes, "ownfishyunna?". And my personal favorite is "bohnarr" that's what a bow hunter uses...(bow and arrow)..."don't forget yer bohnarr"

We road trip some and in the Northeast or Canada it can get downright hilarious to watch the wait person's reaction to my wife as she tries to order from a menu. When the wait person asks my wife what kind of dressing she would like with her salad, she says, "wuhkynizzer?" ...("what kind is there?)"

I, on the other hand, am myself trying to improve myself by reading a lot of classic literature, I am currently reading Moby Dick. I started in '79 and I'm almost half way through! So appyuntinyall ... umgoindignoles!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another favorite..."Got a baitba taytuh?" ...Southern Indiana for "baked potato"...hee hee.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeet?

Nayet.

Onntoo?

Can

Awight.

eatdrink.gif

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xrunndonex, I don't know if you were asking me if I'm a grammar cop or just the thread. If you were asking me, then: No, I'm not a grammar cop. In fact I am a high school graduate with only a half credit in English before I dropped out of Jr. college to get married. The only other education I've had is some home study for some electronics.
Oh, one more thing I'd like to add. I, too, took typing in high school, 2 years; also 2 years of bookkeeping. This was in the 1958/59 and the 1959/60 (junior and senior) school years. We still had some of the old cast iron frame Underwoods in typing class the first year; but about half of the typewriters were later Royals, etc. We didn't get to use electrics until about 2 months before the end of the school year. Even then, we had to 'rotate' each day so that everyone would get to use the electrics some. I believe we had 5 electrics for a class of about 25 students. When I moved to Idaho (from Texas) in 2007, I left an old cast iron frame Underwood typewriter that was in almost 'good' working order.

That is way before my time lol I'm only 21. At least you finished highschool! You are one of the very few from that era eh? Collage is a joke... you don't need extra education to become middle class or very wealthy.

Also unno who I was calling a gramner cop lol

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a language expert's article once that said the folks here in southern Indiana have the worst contraction habit in the US. "I am going fishing, do you want to come along?" becomes, "ownfishyunna?". And my personal favorite is "bohnarr" that's what a bow hunter uses...(bow and arrow)..."don't forget yer bohnarr"

We road trip some and in the Northeast or Canada it can get downright hilarious to watch the wait person's reaction to my wife as she tries to order from a menu. When the wait person asks my wife what kind of dressing she would like with her salad, she says, "wuhkynizzer?" ...("what kind is there?)"

I, on the other hand, am myself trying to improve myself by reading a lot of classic literature, I am currently reading Moby Dick. I started in '79 and I'm almost half way through! So appyuntinyall ... umgoindignoles!

Lol I'm not bring my bohnarr when I'm going bow hunting with the guys

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lol I was in Canada and went to order a puteen and I'm sitting at the drive thru window like "I want a putang" Lady on the otherwise is like you want what! I'm like a putang lol my fiancée is in the other seat laughing her ass off. Me and the drive through Lady made through it though. Then she asked once I got at the window if I wanted ketchup and I said no please.... I also said no please at Tims too what a night

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions