MXT question

cj5wagomando

Greenie
Mar 5, 2007
bay area, ca
I am new here and have about 6-8 hours of hunting with my MXT. Have found a few coins and such, but my question is in regards to the automatic ground balancing.

When digging a hole to find a treasure and I lay my machine next to me, will the machine re-balance? It seems that sometimes I cannot locate my find after digging.

I have read that when using the MXT if I was to "stall" the coil over the find the machine may balance out the object. So, keeping the coil moving seems to be what I need to do.

I shouldn't need to turn off the machine to dig, should I ?

Thank you,

Dave

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Dave,

Have not experienced what you quoted on my MXT, but can tell you from past experience that you could be picking up false readings (shadows) from mineralization in the ground. Also, what position is you trigger in when you lay down your detector? If it is in the forward position this could cancel out the find which is usually a pull tab or other junk metal. I have experienced both these conditions in the past. Best bet is to purchase a pin-pointer instead of using your detector for a object located in a hole.

Hope this helps.
49er.

OP
OP
cj5wagomando

cj5wagomando

Greenie
Mar 5, 2007
bay area, ca
thanks 49er. I try to leave the trigger in the mid position, but cannot be certain it was during these instances.

I am new. I hit a tot lot at lunch today and got a quarter and a penny with about a dozen bottle caps.

Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread