Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
most of you have seen the Digger's show and how they jump and climb and all of that. most of you are probably a lot more subtle than that, even when finding the gold ring or silver coin that some of you have found many of. However... I myself am pretty well controlled, may say something in excitement to myself and then if my wife is nearby, excitedly show her. My wife on the other hand, is the Don Knotts type to the T, she literally falls apart jabbering excitedly as she bounces off the wall so to speak. She freely admits to this, blames it all on her energetic enthusiasm while reminding me that this was one of the things that had attracted me to her. I just think that when she finally finds something silver or gold, she will put ole Don to shame... she already bounces up with the giggles and excitement with quarters and bling jewelry. She also puts on quite the show with certain bugs and can dance with moves unseen before when a snake is present, pretty good for a 55 year old woman. I know with out a shadow of doubt that there will be some major strutting going on after the wild Knotts gold or silver dance, especially since every time we go hunting, she is threatening to kick my butt royally at this. My question to you is this, how excited do you get? Are you one of those stammering fools or calm and collect? Or, too darn secretive to let anyone know that you have just made a most awesome find? I myself lean towards the last one, its kind of like fishing, don't attract attention to yourself or you will end up with more "help" than you want! Just wondering. I can already hear the excited squealing and stammering as my wife explodes up from the hole! Guess I will be all smiles and very happy for her:headbang::headbang:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
ok here is a Knott's dance for you……………. bunny-dance.gif

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figure it also depends on who is there, sometimes there is bound to be a lot of goading, strutting or just plain ole rubbing it in you face... OH YEAH, OH YEAH!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm like you dirtlooter, if you can catch the sly smile you'll know I found something good, then I continue on hunting.
If I found a rather large cache, depending on where I am and if anyone's around, that may get an "OMG!" And a few moves out if me. How about you?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I am constantly yelling to my wife (in the more secluded areas) that I found another ring and then I admit that it is a pull ring to which she grumbles at me. when I do find the real thing, she of course doesn't believe me so I slip it into my good pouch and go on, curiosity usually gets the best of her and she has to come see. this usually means grabbing said ring or jewelry out of my hand not to be seen again until we get home...go figure. When I do find something good, I quietly say something to myself, Oh Yeah or Alright! but I also check around to see if anyone was watching as I quickly inspect it and put it away. I really don't like to draw attention to myself or that I have actually found something of value. Later on when asked where did I find it, I am always vague, "in the dirt" is the the usual answer. Inside I am jumping up and down showing OH YEAH but outside I am Joe Cool. total opposite of the Bling Bling Betty. I am guilty of quietly rubbing it in that I am ahead of her in the finds which makes her good days even better.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I got my horseshoe dance down to a science. But its a secret what's involved.

MORESOUND: You'll need to video yourself standing on your head while its in a hole and then peeing... On second thought I just got a "visual" of this act so NEVER MIND guy.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the pee pee dance is something else, although it does seem that it hits you pretty quick sometimes when you are the furthest away from the vehicle or a port-a-potty. this dance is normally associated with kids but us older ones know it well!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the great thing is the sheer variety of reactions that people have, some are extreme, some are a lot more subtle, some are just crazy

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got my horseshoe dance down to a science. But its a secret what's involved.

MORESOUND: You'll need to video yourself standing on your head while its in a hole and then peeing... On second thought I just got a "visual" of this act so NEVER MIND guy.

You can find me on you tube under a site called *stealth diggers* ... quick digs #'s 27, 28 and 29 ... they call me Mr. H or Hippy Hating Henry or triple H ... Now known as just simply Mr. Kibler by the viewers because in one of the videos am in this giant maple tree that is hundred of years old.

Look up the channel and have a laugh.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or, too darn secretive to let anyone know that you have just made a most awesome find
I do not even rub or clean my coins till I get home..... Incase I have something fantastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread