Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I always hunt by myself, but I look at where people are at when I get there. I don't live in the nicest of areas. My husband gets nervous for me. But I only was worried once. I seen a man and woman looking at me. Then the woman started coming my way she tried to get behind me. But I just kept turning with her to make sure she stayed in front of me. And held my digger like I was ready to use it. (which I was) she decided to go back to her boyfriend. I am not a target.

You should carry a pistol and know how to use it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The moral is, scared gets you killed, while alert saves your ass.

But stupidity and cockiness will get you killed faster than a bolt out the blue hitting the ground.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just about to get a new detector and get back into it. I MDed all of the '90s, and quit in 2001. Now I got the fever, and coming back in a major way. That said, I never felt comfortable detecting in an area where I had to watch my back. In those times that I did, well, safety in numbers, right? I always took a buddy.

The past 15 years have seen some changes here in NH. We got mountain lions now, not to mention the Eastern strain of coyote, which are the only coyotes to have wolf DNA and hunt in packs. I carry my Ruger Alaskan in the woods, and my Glock 19 concealed everywhere else.

My best advice is to not hunt in sketchy spots unless you got a buddy. Never river/water-hunt without a buddy or at least stay around other bathers. And last but not least - DO NOT be deterred! Swing away!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A CA ranger told me the striking distance of a rattler is about 2/3rds its length. Now, let me see.... will you please stretch out next to my yardstick, please? CA's official rule is they can be harvested with any means and in any numbers you wish! TTC

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​Call it what you want …. …But it is still what it is ,,,

​AFRAID … " AFRAID .. " SCARED " SCARED "

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, I have conceal weapons license, I carry a .45 or 9MM, sometimes both 95% of the time, I'm not scared, it is just insurance to be prepared just like my life, home, car and health insurance, I don't carry the insurance because I am scared I carry them to be prepared...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends. I was (in my younger years) a walking danger zone. I was a natural boxer, and trained in martial arts, to keep in shape and stay flexible. For a big guy I was quick...and have tried to stay on top of my game. But... as they say, be prepared. I carry a knife, and A concealed weapon. Better safe then sorry. There are a lot more a-holes now days that have little or no regard for human life. I blame Drugs..lack of proper role models..failing school systems. I'am one of those "people" that, if I see A wife/girlfriend being smacked...I WILL say...if not do.. something!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, I have conceal weapons license, I carry a .45 or 9MM, sometimes both 95% of the time, I'm not scared, it is just insurance to be prepared just like my life, home, car and health insurance, I don't carry the insurance because I am scared I carry them to be prepared...
TH.. I know i am just trying to keep the thread going .. And see what kind of answers i will get .. You should know by now how at times i get carried away .. Sorry ..TH.. So i will slow it down some ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH.. I know i am just trying to keep the thread going .. And see what kind of answers i will get .. You should know by now how at times i get carried away .. Sorry ..TH.. So i will slow it down some ...

Keppy you certainly do not owe me an apology...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It all depends. I was (in my younger years) a walking danger zone. I was a natural boxer, and trained in martial arts, to keep in shape and stay flexible. For a big guy I was quick...and have tried to stay on top of my game. But... as they say, be prepared. I carry a knife, and A concealed weapon. Better safe then sorry. There are a lot more a-holes now days that have little or no regard for human life. I blame Drugs..lack of proper role models..failing school systems. I'am one of those "people" that, if I see A wife/girlfriend being smacked...I WILL say...if not do.. something![/QUOTE]

I was/am exactly the same way... Watched a guy slap a girl at a party once years ago. Told him the next time I see that there's going to be a problem. Sure enough.... 1hr. later I watched him by the river slap her again and down she went. I put my beer down, walked outside toward the river, he saw me coming and just stood there like we were going to discuss something. When I go into range I let go with a roundhouse left that landed hard on his jaw and broke my hand (thumb) instantly but down he went. Thank God a bunch of my friends were following me. AND THE GIRL WAS PISSED AT ME for the damage to his face. Go figure!!!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, Limitool, that's the way some women are. I had an aunt the kept getting beaten by her hubby. He beat her pretty badly one evening late and left her at home by herself. When she was able, she went to her brother's house because there wasn't anyone else that she knew. Her brother's wife was taking care of her cuts and bruises. The brother drove a wrecker; told them that he had a 'call'. He went to the sister's house, knocked on the door, and got no answer. The house was dark. He drove the wrecker around the corner and into an alley, parked, and walked back to the sister's house. He stood behind the front when he heard someone walking on the porch. When brother-in-law stepped into the house, the brother hit him in the head with a steel bar, and left him for 'dead'. He drove the wrecker back to his house and just walked away. He stopped and called his wife telling her where would be hidden out in the desert. When she found out about the brother-in-law, she should come get him so he could go home or she should pack some clothes and money for him; and bring it to him. She picked him up the next day after finding out the brother-in-law was 'going to live' and didn't know what happened because he was so drunk when he got hit! When the sister found out what had actually happened, she wouldn't even speak to her brother for several years because he had hit her husband.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread