Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Celebrating finding my second Civil War plate in two weeks with a nice crisp glass of Pinot Grigio .
Where did you find the plate?
With a metal detector?
Oregon..no civil war stuff............

Last edited:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe she don't want to tell.. ???

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While in the U.S. Army, I spent quite a bit of time in Marburg, Germany and frequented Club "E" Happy Jacks (yeah, they catered to a lot of GI's and University kids and figured it was a snappy name). I usually drank Jim Beam and Coke or Beck's Beer (Bier) but one night, the owner asked me and a friend if we wanted to try a real man's drink. We stupidly said yes and he poured us a drink of 180 proof Rum in what appeared to be a mini-Martin glass with a sugar cube in the middle. I never got the name of the Rum but he called it "neunzig prozent Rum mit zucker" ("90 percent Rum with sugar"). In most of Europe and especially Germany, you double the percentage of Alcohol content to get the Proof of the Rum, Whiskey or other Liquor. Needless to say that it was a mistake to drink the stuff because it stood both of us against the wall, totally breathless, groping for anything to wash it down with to kill the burn and I believe it stripped us of any dignity that we had.

By the way, the best way to drink high powered Moonshine and stop the burn, is to chase it with freezer-chilled beer. When I was 18 and 19 years old, we use to drink Moonshine every Friday and/or Saturday night while playing Poker and chased it with freezer-chilled Schlitz beer.

Frank

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
NOOO0000oooooo,not coors light
Well...you can drink KEGS of Coors light..mostly water I believe.........:laughing7:::tongue3:

Damn Viking.... You too? You and Red together ganging up on me is over the top. But seriously wouldn't it be a blast for a bunch of us T-netters to sit on a large deck with the grill going and coolers filled with our favorite brews. We'd "fix" a lot of the worlds problems quickly. We'd laugh our asses off also.... that's guaranteed.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where did you find the plate?
With a metal detector?
Oregon..no civil war stuff............
In the dirt,lol, and yes,with my Minelab X-Terra 505! No Wild Turkey just yet Red but a cuppa Tim Hortons will do just fine this morning.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn Viking.... You too? You and Red together ganging up on me is over the top. But seriously wouldn't it be a blast for a bunch of us T-netters to sit on a large deck with the grill going and coolers filled with our favorite brews. We'd "fix" a lot of the worlds problems quickly. We'd laugh our asses off also.... that's guaranteed.

I have a big appetite,make that 3 or 4 grills going:laughing7:,I'm in

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh.....a grill full of venison backstraps from the North Country, alligater and froglegs from the Southland, crablegs and salmon from the northwest......and a cooler full of that Tenn. moonshine,,,,,,,now that with that and us all in one place the problems of the world would be solved, and disappear.......Gary

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I must be way too young to know....WTF is maple soda?

Hey viking i got a bottle of that maple soda i was talking about,damned good stuff,tasty as all hell.All natural ingredients.Its just soda water and maple syrup nothing else.Its from the Vermont Sweetwater bottling comp.I can only imagine putting a belt of maple booze in it.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the dirt,lol, and yes,with my Minelab X-Terra 505! No Wild Turkey just yet Red but a cuppa Tim Hortons will do just fine this morning.
OMG.....
This should get a laugh.
For some reason I was thinking dinner plate!:laughing7:
I don't know why. I'm thinking...how in the hell did she find a dinner plate with a metal detector?:laughing7:
I'm a prospector...so detecting is not my forte.......

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight's libation is Calico Jack Pineapple and Coconut Rum, and Polar Orange Dry over a whole lot of fresh ice. Yummy!

I do miss my Knob Creek though. You just cant drink it and have it too.

*sigh*

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG.....
This should get a laugh.
For some reason I was thinking dinner plate!
I don't know why. I'm thinking...how in the hell did she find a dinner plate with a metal detector?
I'm a prospector...so detecting is not my forte..

Viking you either had to much or not enough:occasion14::laughing9:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a big appetite,make that 3 or 4 grills going:laughing7:,I'm in

It would be fun... maybe someday we'll find some neutral ground between 5-6 of us and meet. I would almost be like a "reunion" after all of our posts. And yes CoilyGirl you and Mr. can come along also since your just up the road from me and because I SAID SO. Bring that buckle along also so we can all stare at it.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be fun... maybe someday we'll find some neutral ground between 5-6 of us and meet. I would almost be like a "reunion" after all of our posts. And yes CoilyGirl you and Mr. can come along also since your just up the road from me and because I SAID SO. Bring that buckle along also so we can all stare at it.

To me the neutral ground thing would be optional,I can get along with most anybody.whoever has a field where we could pitch some tents.One day would kind of be a waste.When i drive the 200 miles to my brothers i always stay at 2 to 4 days.get togethers are good,longer get togethers are even better.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me the neutral ground thing would be optional,I can get along with most anybody.whoever has a field where we could pitch some tents.One day would kind of be a waste.When i drive the 200 miles to my brothers i always stay at 2 to 4 days.get togethers are good,longer get togethers are even better.

Well what I really meant was an area closest for all of us. But hell we got Viking out west, you in the northeast, me in TN. and MANY others in between. BUT... with all that said I got acres back in the woods with plenty of lumber, places for tents and not a 7-8 minute ATV ride back to the house for "supplies". Can you even imagine all of us getting together with a cooler full of meat, a couple of fires, plenty of supplies with NOBODY else around for a couple of days. It just doesn't get no better... If anybody is ever interested I'd love to set something like this up here in Middle TN. ... Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions