Any info for metal detecting Superstition Mountains Apache Junction, Az

Jul 19, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's SGT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new at metal detecting. My son and I just bought Whites SGT and MXT. we are super excited about it all. We still have yet to buy any tools for digging lol. We are so lost when it boils down to all of the information on the web pertaining where we can hunt, like Superstition Mountains in Apache Junction, parks, Riverbanks, dry washes, private land, mining etc. we have seen some posts about Terry Solomon and some veterans posts comments about Rich Hill and clubs but we don't even know where to start with anything like that we would like to stay close to like Superstition Mountains, Apache Junction Arizona. we live in Mesa Arizona now. not sure we could just randomly go and find a vein and follow it or a dry river or wash in follow that. Looking at websites, blm etc. it is so confusing, anyone have any information or advice is what to do and where to start? Thanks.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might go online and check out the GPAA (gold prospectors association of America ) they have access to many claims/sites.
good luck - Understand what you're getting into out there with regard to terrain , climate , critters , etc. (pretty rough area)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread