Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chesapeake man charged with booby-trapping house
By Scott Daugherty
The Virginian-Pilot
© June 18, 2014
Chesapeake man charged with booby-trapping house | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Thats a farce and a half:laughing9:Medical treatment for a shock what a load of B.S. shes looking for the workmans comp and time off.hold the coil wire to your car and crank it over,depending on the coil thats anywhere between 30k and 75k volts DC,ive done and i didnt need medical attention.i got whacked with 40k volts from my furnace,same thing no medical attention.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a farce and a half:laughing9:Medical treatment for a shock what a load of B.S. shes looking for the workmans comp and time off.hold the coil wire to your car and crank it over,depending on the coil thats anywhere between 30k and 75k volts DC,ive done and i didnt need medical attention.i got whacked with 40k volts from my furnace,same thing no medical attention.

Well that explains your taste bud problems....:tongue3:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many times a day ol james shocks himself lol.

I have no idea what these folks are talking about. What I seen was a big foot welcome mat. You just cant have big foots taking dumps in the yard and scaring folks...........think about it.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hit (once) with an Accel Super Coil working on my street car years ago... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

Was "hit" with a 220 working on an over (once) when things weren't going "right"... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

And @ 16 was hit with a 220 (once) from an old welder because I knew what I was doing... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

110's don't even count.... 220's DO!!!!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hit (once) with an Accel Super Coil working on my street car years ago... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

Was "hit" with a 220 working on an over (once) when things weren't going "right"... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

And @ 16 was hit with a 220 (once) from an old welder because I knew what I was doing... and THAT WAS A WAKE UP CALL.

110's don't even count.... 220's DO!!!!!

I have been nailed with a Taser...A fan of being shocked I'am not!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes those old coils had a bite to them, not the way to check and see if they are working. was holding a spark plug wire lol

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see both sides of this one, booby traps that can harm more than the intended target are not good.

I did set one of those once, right after I bought my little fixer upper way back in the woods. I put a gate at the end of the lane, one night I saw where a dirt bike squeezed around it. I drove back to my little nirvana, and there on my new picnic table, was a steaming pile of dirt biker poo.

I was a lot younger then, and man was I po'd!

Took a steel angle, welded pole barn spikes to it, and staked it beside the gate. he never returned.

Another time, I was building a bridge out in the boonies, and every night someone would drive off the little road, and smash my barricade.Set a board with spikes in front of it, flattened his tire that night, and that was the last of it.

Those were both a long time ago, now things are a little different.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew a man that would put his hands spread over a Jeep 4 cylinder engine's spark plugs and stand there with his bones actually rattling until the engine died! Saw him do it on a John Deere tractor also.
Also a woman that I only knew by sight, took the back off an older color tv one day while her husband was at work. She had a screwdriver in her hand that wasn't insulated. She touched the picture tube high-voltage. The husband found her there behind the tv dead when he came home from work. This happened in the mid 1970s.
I've been hit by 120, 240, and several times by tv high voltage, but never hard enough to be serious. When I first started work after high school, I was running a 'facing machine' that was grinder of sorts. I kept feeling a shock at times, but not bad, so I kept operating it. One of the company electricians walked by and asked him about it. He took his meter off his belt measured 440 volts, immediately turned the main breaker off that controlled the machine, and told me I was one of the luckiest guys around.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been nailed with a Taser...A fan of being shocked I'am not!

Hey Viking.... Were you the a-hole who yelled "Don't tase me bro"????? I think I saw you on TV once. Yea I remember ya... You had a whole new attitude instantly!!!!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Viking.... Were you the a-hole who yelled "Don't tase me bro"????? I think I saw you on TV once. Yea I remember ya... You had a whole new attitude instantly!!!!!

No!:laughing7:
heh
My cousin zapped me! accident.....

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not cool buddy... not cool at all. Bet that makes for a nice Thanksgiving dinner????
He lives in Portland, I"m at the other end of the state...so I have not seen him in a couple of years.
Is was his fault. A few years ago I helped him (Portland area) with his new "work" bail enforcement. I thought, what could go wrong?
Yeh right after sitting in a car for hours...watching a bar, guy comes out. My cuz goes after him he runs my direction, I grab him he fights like a wild man. ZAP!! 'cept he got me instead and I got punched a few times. Thus ended any further help from me..EVER!
He gave it up too after a few more close calls. We were to old even back then! 2005 I'm thinking. The air tasers were fairly new then.
Now they have all kinds of "bounty hunter shows/movies glorifying it. It was a pain in the ass! Actually a pain in my shoulder and side!!
In the short month i did this, I learned bad guys go straight to family...usually mom!
I do now know why "dog the bounty hunter" uses pepper ball guns You can get ghost pepper balls, .68 caliber, and fore them from a distance.
I have a bear in my back yard might get that treatment. I don't wan to kill him. Then I would have to dress him etc.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Viking.... I'm trying to stop laughing so I can type... I know..... it wasn't ME but you! :laughing7:

Just pick up Texasred777 in Idaho and meet Red here and we'll have a BLAST going over such stories.

Do what ya can with bear short of shooting him... but ya got to do what ya got to do... I understand. Just make sure you have too.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viking.... I'm trying to stop laughing so I can type... I know..... it wasn't ME but you! :laughing7:

Just pick up Texasred777 in Idaho and meet Red here and we'll have a BLAST going over such stories.

Do what ya can with bear short of shooting him... but ya got to do what ya got to do... I understand. Just make sure you have too.
Yeh and to top it off, My cuz...nicknamed great white..was laughing!
I would have whooped him but good but he is a lot bigger the me!
Bear ain't gonna like ghost pepper balls. I have read that when someone gets hit with one it creates a 5 foot cloud of pepper...and my new paintball gun ( buying on the bay next few hours...] can shoot them 200 feet!!! Semi-auto!
Heeeeeeeyyyyyy....A Tennessee paintball competition!!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeh and to top it off, My cuz...nicknamed great whit..was laughing!
I would have whooped him but good but he is a lot bigger the me!
Bear ain't gonna like ghost pepper balls. I have read that when someone gets hit with one it creates a 5 foot cloud of pepper...and my new paintball gun ( buying on the bay next few hours...] can shoot them 200 feet!!! Semi-auto!
Heeeeeeeyyyyyy....A Tennessee paintball competition!![/QUOTE]

That's right up my alley buddy.... bring it. And I mean THAT would be a blast!!!!! I'll give ya 10 minute head start out back and I'll hunt your ass down. After you get back here we'll rinse the pink paint off of ya, eat and play some pool after my or your wife takes care of your wounds (Pics will be taken and posted on T-net). We'll make Red grill master while we're out playing. :laughing7:

I know... I got the easy part over... but I got lots of band aids. And if ya screw up the meal Red Viking and I :occasion14: will take it out on you....!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions