DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG 004.JPG I was walking on some four wheeler access trails this evening when I stepped on one of these damn things."It almost got me",good thing I didn't put my full weight down on it.I felt it tear out of my shoe and I thought, what in the world?Moved some dirt off of it and sure enough it was a buried, staked down, wooden plank with screws going through it.Right away I was sure I know who put it there.Some guy has a place where the trail goes over the corner of his property and I have noticed some kids have been riding some blaster atv's recently,they came up behind my place to, but I don't care.One they are not hurting anything and two they are not hurting anything.I guess that is all some people have to worry about is the noise of a couple four wheelers :dontknow:Anyway,on the way back I was paying more attention and sure enough I almost stepped on another one a little further from where the first one was..So I dug it up as well.Now I ask you,What kind of ignorant,stupid,thoughtless human being does something like this, over something so petty.And I don't care if that little piece of shet property is his or not, you don't do stuff like that!If something bothers someone that bad put up a gate or fence or something.A little kid or anyone could be walking through there.I should give him a dose of his own medicine,but I am not that thoughtless, he might have a kid that might step on it.Bad enough got to keep a eye out for copperheads and bee's nests,now I have to watch out for spikes sticking out the ground,like it's freaking Veitnam or something!What a Douchbag this guy must be!HH joe

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy who did that needs a garbage bag full of shite put on his doorstep; lit on fire and then knock, knock, knock......
AT LEAST!!!!
How many wild animals already stepped on that not mention all the humans that could have. :icon_scratch:
Sicking!
:BangHead:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id put them under his car,both tires.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I don't have any problem with atv riders, but I do with setting booby traps for kids.
Were these on his property or someone else?
My neighbor kids were just here on their atv. They stopped to see the dog. I have 50 acres here they can ride on. Of course they own the old 6 acre picnic woods, that's my honey hole. But they could ride here anyhow as long as their respectful.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd report to police plain and simple. They should know someone is booby trapping land. When I was a kid, some nut was running thin copper wire across our bike trail in the woods. My friend and I would walk the path first de-booby trapping the wires at about neck level! It's ok to be F'in crazy but make sure the police know about it. That's what I would do.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
We use to have problems in NH where i lived.We had roughly 49 acres of woods and about a 1 acre field in the front that we were caretakers of.There were old logging trails through it.Come august the front field would be dry as a bone and the idiots would think nothing of riding through on their dirt bikes.Every once and a while I'd be home and hear one coming,its amazing how fast a bike can turn around after rapid firing a remington 870 12 gauge pump into the air:laughing7:

DavidGC

Jun 25, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would absolutely report this to the police. It is likely illegal for him to be setting these, even on his own land. All I can see is some kid having a severe blowout at speed -- loses control -- into a tree or rolls. This A-hole thinks his little piece of property is worth putting a kid in the hospital -- or worse?
Report it.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No excuse for booby traps, just plain irresponsible and stupid. Couldn't imagine ever doing something like that, and I agree that you should report it to the police.

Also no excuse for trespassing. You wanna four-wheel on my property? Then pony up a fair portion of the $7,000 we pay for annual property taxes and we'll talk about it. Short of that we are going to have a one on one meeting out in the woods, and I guarantee you you won't be back if you have any sense.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Kids don't mind the racket 4-wheelers make but I assure you seniors do. It rattles your peace of
mind and soul. Kids nowdays don't care and their parents just want them to go elsewhere and
bother someone else. If the annoyance keeps happening long enough homeowners get sick of it
start thinking of ways to flatten tires and stop that maddening noise. The kids will just go get
daddy to fix it having no skills of their own. Then maybe daddy will get tired of buying tires and
think of actually taking their kids somewhere they can ride away from houses and old farts.

Probably won't happen since young fathers are just as uncaring and selfish as their kids.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the guy needs to do is fence that area and place no trespassing signs.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that's insensitive, to say the least. If he would just put up 'no trespassing' signs, it should help. If it doesn't, then call the police. No, I don't believe he should have to go the expense of putting up a fence; the signs should be enough. But to 'booby trap' the place like that is a lot worse than the kids riding on his property. If someone does get hurt because of something like this, they can certainly sue the so-and-so that caused the damage.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd report to police plain and simple. They should know someone is booby trapping land. When I was a kid, some nut was running thin copper wire across our bike trail in the woods. My friend and I would walk the path first de-booby trapping the wires at about neck level! It's ok to be F'in crazy but make sure the police know about it. That's what I would do.
That is a suggestion!But it just isn't in my blood to involve the law.The guy might not have been thinking what he did through,everyone makes mistakes.!'That guy must have been trying to kill you guys".That is pretty crazy running a cable like that.A boy got kill around here like that some years ago,took his head right off.I don't know if was intentional or not?Some sicko's in the world I tell ya!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder why the a-hole didn't do the sign thing (maybe he did?). But to put the spiked boards on someone else's property is over the top... PERIOD. Maybe put the boards on YOUR property with a sign coming and going that reads "Flat tires ahead". But this is over the top concerning kids, animals other machinery and humanity.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I missed it? But did you find the things on HIS property? It would be a hard thing to report them and then explaining you were trespassing too? He could press charges, and 1 wrong doesn't negate the other, as far as law goes.

He definitely should put up no trespass signs if he feels that way, In the "old days" no one ever had to put those signs up. Now everyone is scared they will get sued because some idiot fell down on the owners property, and got a hang nail!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I missed it? But did you find the things on HIS property? It would be a hard thing to report them and then explaining you were trespassing too? He could press charges, and 1 wrong doesn't negate the other, as far as law goes.

He definitely should put up no trespass signs if he feels that way, In the "old days" no one ever had to put those signs up. Now everyone is scared they will get sued because some idiot fell down on the owners property, and got a hang nail!
See the thing is his property corners where a old logging road/four wheeler trails meet each other,and he does have old signs where his trees meet the trail on his side,but his property ends right there "ON" the trail.But I never trespass on his little corner,I am simply walking by,have been forever,just like other people and animals around here.Now if someone considers a 30 second walk over a little piece of ground trespassing,that is their opinion.I'll be damned if I am going around into a thicket to get to where I need to be,just so I don't step on his little piece of special sacred ground.Now if the son of a ***** starts planting land mine's:laughing7:,Then I might try to find another way around.But I do understand where you are coming from!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread