Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We were in town today and stopped by a small thrift shop that belongs to my daughter-in-laws mother and sister. The sister had just recently lost her husband of many years and was going through a few of his things amongst which was a large glass container filled with his coins. originally the coins had been separated and some even in those small plastic zip lock bags but they had been dumped together into the container. I got very excited when even through the glass walls. I could see a barber half dollar, a barber dime and lots of foreign coins. We took a couple of handfuls out to have a look see and there were lots of Kennedy halves but no silver, silver quarters, a steel penny, at least four V- nickles, several Buffs and who knows what else was in there. People were beginning to gather so everything was quietly placed back into the large safe and locked but not before I got to see the grandfather's old gold watch and folding razor. sometime in the future we will sit down at the table and go through with the loops to see what all is there. it gave me goose bumps as the silver glowed in amongst the coins and then the countless aged coins from many countries from Asia to Europe as well as quite a bit of foreign paper currency. This collection was a small reflection of the man himself, a quiet but hard working man. many of these coins were the very ones I search so hard for but at least I was able to momentarily remind myself why I do this. just had to share, you just never know where you will see or find those elusive coins of the past!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just realized what i had wrote, it was not a barber half dollar, i have been fighting pop ups on my lap top, a trovi nightmare. tried everything (to our limited abilities). where's a kid when you need one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread