Garret GTI 2500

Avan

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an observation..................

Does it not seem strange that the GTI 2500 is not water proof like the AT Pro ???????????????????? I mean, you would think that the high end product would have all the bells and whistles ..........

I understand that the AT Pro can be submerged to about 10ft of water and the GTI 2500 cannot.................

I just find it odd.

OP
OP
A

Avan

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.................. Thanks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like all metal detector makers …. Garrett makes water detectors …And land metal detectors …. And the Garrett GTI 2500 is a land detector … And for the most a lot of inland detectors cost more than the water detectors… And being a older design is not the reason..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a GTI for land and an Infinium for water.

They do things differently, were designed differently and preform different functions.

You can use your GTI underwater. (at least once anyhow, and for a very short time)

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every comment is relevant. The 2500 was once Garretts top dog. Sizing was it's key element. These days, if a detector is without a VDI/TID number system, it can be deemed "old tech". Not so, sound is and will continue to be the key.
Good luck
Peace

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Every comment is relevant. The 2500 was once Garretts top dog. Sizing was it's key element. These days, if a detector is without a VDI/TID number system, it can be deemed "old tech". Not so, sound is and will continue to be the key.
Good luck
Peace
He asked why the 2500 was not waterproof and the reason was not for it was a older model it was for the 2500 was built to be a land detector…Older design had nothing to do with it not being waterproof….

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For whatever reason Garret apparently does not feel there is any benefit to waterproofing the design. It has been suggested to them by many people. I was happy enough they at least added a back light to the GTI~ the older GTI 2000 didn't have it. Its already an expensive machine and water proofing would just make it that much more so. Besides what use is its GTI ability if you have it submerged in the water? Sure you can turn on *****ing betty "Treasure Talk" but she's difficult to deal with and never tells you where the gold is.
The coils water proof but a floater and if you want to use it in water I suggest you have a harness on it. Garrets done a good turn to produce the AT series and I don't see that series needing GTI capability~ or Treasure talk. My thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions