Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whole chicken cooked all day in the crock pot, field peas with smoked ham hocks and mashed potatoes with gravy.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, day before yesterday, the daughter, son, and I were not feeling too well. We were afraid we were coming down with the flu. All of us felt a bit better yesterday morning, but I made a doctor's appointment for late morning. I got my flu shot as did the grandson. The others will go in to get theirs later, probably Friday.
Yesterday morning, the daughter and son-in-law got together in the kitchen and started a large pot of chicken soup. It had chicken, noodles, peas, carrots, potatoes, and onion in it. Tasted excellent! Nothing like a good chicken soup for colds and flu! The pot was large enough to last through today.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, day before yesterday, the daughter, son, and I were not feeling too well. We were afraid we were coming down with the flu. All of us felt a bit better yesterday morning, but I made a doctor's appointment for late morning. I got my flu shot as did the grandson. The others will go in to get theirs later, probably Friday.
Yesterday morning, the daughter and son-in-law got together in the kitchen and started a large pot of chicken soup. It had chicken, noodles, peas, carrots, potatoes, and onion in it. Tasted excellent! Nothing like a good chicken soup for colds and flu! The pot was large enough to last through today.
Sounds good Texasred. Glad ya'll didn't come down with the flu and you got your shot. We're having panko crusted fish filets baked in the oven,some frozen Silver Queen corn, and slow cooked green beans.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a taste for some pork bbq today, so I'm doing a Boston butt on my drum smoker. I'll post pics after It's done Top Secret 001.JPG

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3hrs. on hard smoke and 3hrs. wrapped in foil, It's ready to be pulled or chopped. Put some good ole Eastern Carolina sauce on it and your ready to go! BBQ 001.JPG

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turning this...
rabbit-18.jpg

Into this!!...hasenpfeffer time!
hasenpfeffer012.jpg
Rabbit, Spaetzle and pickled red cabbage

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks tasty...I like rabbit...have had it fried and cooked in the crock pot with gravy.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 Smoked Brats boiled in one 16 once can of Old Style for 1 1/2 hour.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an Uncle who had 3 things that he absolutely loved, Pork chops, rabbit and Falstaff beer. Instead of chickens, he raised rabbits. I took my old lady over there right before we got married, and she was like a kid in a petting zoo. I told her that he had more, but they were in his freezer. Boy, she was pissed! Needless to say we didn't stay for dinner. Her choice, not mine!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deer back strap...chunked up and cooked in crock pot with cream of mushroom gravy...served over rice with cornbread baked in a black iron skillet...my wife is a helluva cook.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taco salad, and an hour after dinner, daughter prepared artichoke heart in butter and lemon.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ummm turkey,green beans,sweet potato casserole,congealed salad,dressing,rolls,what else do ya need? Hey anyone know where GMD is?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turkey, brine ,24hr. injected with cranberry wine, mashed potatoes sweet potatoes with caramelized brown sugar, green beans, gravy, hot rolls and bread putting with a touch of 20 year old scotch. and grasshopper wash. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Tonight it is the Golden Corral. Hay, sometimes you just get lazy and treat yourself! lol Frank
111-2 700.jpg

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, yesterday now, but had oven baked turkey, stuffing, cornbread dressing, gravy, sweet taters with marshmallow topping, cranberry sauce, fruit salad, pecan, pumpkin, cherry, and chocolate pies. Oh, and my favorite, the yeast rolls. I can make a meal on fruit salad, rolls, and iced tea! That's what I consider 'dessert'. lol Then watched the football games.
Hope everybody had a great feast and a great time.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tonight it's beef short ribs braised in red wine and beef stock with garlic and onions, braised carrots and Brussel sprouts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread