MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Striped bass with a morel cream sauce with a side of grilled young ramps. ..yumm

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes! Viking, that's the way we do 'beanie weenies'. Most time though, we use sausage instead of wieners, like you, it appears. We found some 'James Sausages' up here in Idaho, that are made down in Yoakum, Texas. Great stuff! Only thing is, there is one store in Boise that stocks them, but most time they're out.
When I went to Texas in 2010, I spent almost 2 months down there. Before I left, I went to West, Texas, just north of Waco, Texas, and bought a bunch of sausages and ring bologna; also some kolaches. West is mostly Czech. They sure know how to make sausages and kolaches!
H. E. B. (Henry E. Butts) Food Stores have their own butchers. They make some of the best breakfast pork sausage that I've ever had. I also brought a case of those home also.
Anyway, I froze all of it at a friend's house where I was staying, then bagged them all up, and put them in some coolers for the return home. We 'rationed' them out. Made 'em last a long time. A lot of those sausages were used for making 'beanie weenies'.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! Viking, that's the way we do 'beanie weenies'. Most time though, we use sausage instead of wieners, like you, it appears. We found some 'James Sausages' up here in Idaho, that are made down in Yoakum, Texas. Great stuff! Only thing is, there is one store in Boise that stocks them, but most time they're out.
When I went to Texas in 2010, I spent almost 2 months down there. Before I left, I went to West, Texas, just north of Waco, Texas, and bought a bunch of sausages and ring bologna; also some kolaches. West is mostly Czech. They sure know how to make sausages and kolaches!
H. E. B. (Henry E. Butts) Food Stores have their own butchers. They make some of the best breakfast pork sausage that I've ever had. I also brought a case of those home also.
Anyway, I froze all of it at a friend's house where I was staying, then bagged them all up, and put them in some coolers for the return home. We 'rationed' them out. Made 'em last a long time. A lot of those sausages were used for making 'beanie weenies'.

Hill Meat Company Old fashioned frankfurters, Hill meat company, Pendleton Oregon.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3044.JPG

Saw these and ...
IMG_3054.JPG

Venison burger with smoked bacon ground garlic morel mushrooms and ground oregano over an open flame. Unsalted butter with caraway seed. Fresh baby spinach and a few chips. Im stuffed.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Frozen Stouffers Lasagna.:mblah05: ;Survived so far..
The coming week's weather in the mid great lakes region going to be great for the blacks/smokies.
The white morels come later.
They are growing underground, just pick the "fruit" and it's a matter of waiting for that.

Last edited:

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RAMPS...RAMPS and RAMPS. ..Ramps for all..I have 8 5 gallon buckets full...the stench is wandering from my garage into the house, anybody who knows ramps knows what I'm talking about..lol

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appetizers. Made the right way, with horseradish.:icon_thumright:

DSCN8479.JPG

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RAMPS...RAMPS and RAMPS. ..Ramps for all..I have 8 5 gallon buckets full...the stench is wandering from my garage into the house, anybody who knows ramps knows what I'm talking about..lol

Ramps...I had to look them up:laughing7:
A cross between garlic and onion? Ohhhh yeh!!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuffed peppers!
A filling of ground chuck, Walla Walla sweet onion, Monviso garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and rice.
Shredded mozzarella topping. My personal pepper has Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and Sicilian seasoning.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ran out in the field, jumped on on of my Bison's backs and took a couple bites out of the hump

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dinner tonight. .More Ramp pesto farfalle with morel cream sauce over Striped Bass

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I don't pick fiddle head's, if someone who is in the NY/NJ area who does, I'll trade ya..

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBQ chicken thighs with home made BBQ sauce. Corn on the cob and asparagus spears. All cooked on the grill.
easy cleanup...just close the lid!:laughing7:

DSCN8644.JPG

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jambalaya. The spice. White pepper, black pepper, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt & cayenne pepper.
Onion, garlic, red, green & yellow bell peppers, celery, Chicken stock & rice, & 3 bay leaves.
Chicken breast, kielbasa & shrimp.
My portion had Tabasco!!

DSCN8698.JPG

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you had a little Cajun blood in you. I make mine with brats

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seared Ahi with seaweed and soba noodles with a heady Sam Adams overlooking one of my beach digging sites...priceless
2015-06-07 21.35.36.jpg
2015-06-07 21.34.51.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread