info on metal detectors please

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am getting ready to purchse my first metal detector. I have researched the web some and it seems for the money the Garrett ACE 250 i s about the best option. I live in Northwest Missouri and that is primarily where I will be using it. I would like to hear from owners or previous owners their likes/dislikes about this model. This is a rural area with several old farm houses, lakes, rivers that all look like very promising sites to find relics and coins. If there is anyone in this area that would like to go out on some hunts I would be very happy to get together and plan some trips for this summer. Any info or input about the ACE 250 or the area I live in is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out.

Charlie

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
As for me, I'm a White's MXT kinda guy. It has, Coin & Jewelry, Relic, and Prospecting modes.
Easy to setup and easy to use. But no matter what you choose enjoy it and post your finds.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too am a Whites guy. I run the Prizm III and really enjoy it. It costs a little more than the ACE but I'm extremely happy with it.

As stated, what ever you choose, have a great time and post your finds!!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey Charlie.Check with Chuck Clevenger in KC ,at 8206 north oak tkwy,1-800-999-9147.Best to see him in person,he doesn't have the best telephone personality.He carries many brands,including used.Don't think it's too far from you.Also,he belongs to a large MD club in KC where some members may live closer to you.Also check out this website for info on the same.Outback Duo on this forum is a member and officer.

http://www.mwas.org/

And this site has prospectors and MD'rs in your area.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moprospectors/

Goodluck and HH

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Warsadaddy for the plug!

Charlie, I live in the KC area and would love to go out detecting with you. I use a Whites DFX but my wife has a Ace 250 so I have a little experience with one. I have found for the money the 250 is a great machine, the depth is good and you shouldn't have any problem finding coins. The only negative thing I have found with the ACE 250 is its very hard to distinguish between pull tabs and pennies. My wife got so frustrated digging pull tabs I finally adjusted it to exclude most penny signals. She digs a lot less junk but I know she is missing a lot of coins also. Let me know if and when you want to get together.

Don

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the forum section Owner's evaluations and you will find a ton of stuff on the ACE 250. Monty

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the ACE 250, if you like MDing and get into it upgrade to an MXT, Explore, Ect. Keep the ACE for an Extra for friends and faimly to hunt with you.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread