Decisions decisions

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is like saying, should I get the base model Kia or the Cadillac.. They are not in the same category. If your budget is under under $300 then then ace if it is over $600 then the ATP.

OP
OP
Jonnythack

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha okay ya I was just wondering because my friends dad has both but he says he likes the ACE better? I just didn't know if it was worth the extra 300$ thanks man

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the 250 Jonny. I like it, but I would think that if you wanted to upgrade from what you have, you may want to go straight for the Pro. I am going to start to think about upgrading, once I start to have more time for hunting. I like the idea of having the target ID displayed, and this is something the 250 doesn't have.

It would be interesting to hear why your buddy's dad likes the 250 better than the Pro.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should watch Beau Ouimette's river hunting videos. That may help you decide. Atpros are silver magnets.

OP
OP
Jonnythack

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay awesome. Thank you guys!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the AT Gold and the 250, really love the Gold... don't have to worry about it raining, cleans up easy and finds stuff. you will have more options with the Pro and better depth. my wife uses the 250 and loves it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread