🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I truly believe a positive outlook helps one succeed. Everytime I go out I set in my mind that I will find something good. There have even been times when I wanted to find a specific item and found it! I much prefer going by myself lately because the guys I hunt with fail before they even turn on their detectors. Then they call me lucky. Anyone else believe this.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Totally agree with you and believe in the power of positive thinking. The last time I found a mans gold wedding, b4 I even left for the beach I just knew "today I'm going to find gold". Don't know how it is that works, but it's just a feeling that you get. I'm always positive and I always set goals for myself. I always aim for at least 1 piece of either silver or gold everytime.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm both a fisherman and a treasure hunter. That makes me an eternal optimist.

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for sure, why even do anything if you don't think you will find anything

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm both a fisherman and a treasure hunter. That makes me an eternal optimist.
They do go hand in hand, man I miss fishing. A nice 50# striper on my lamiglass was always fun. But alas, I hung up my rods a while now. Became too much of a competition within myself and took all the fun out of it. I was so obsessed I almost got divorced. Ate, slept, fished. Moon, tides, gear, wind, 4x4, one day I'm in montauk ny, the next New Jersey. I had to stop.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I am a realist. When I have researched a cache, and it meets my standards for findable, I get very positive in my thinking. That view may go up or down depending on the turn of events.
I think the positive view point is what keeps you going, but there is definitely a limit to it. On the other hand it is recharged when things prove out.
Just my realistic view point,
Frank...- split cup.jpg Some think it will spill, others jest pick it up and drink!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Set your mind on finding a gold bar, let me know how that goes :-P

You'd be surprised... really. Just depends on where you look, look and relook... Just turn over the right stone and bingo... your world just changed. I'm always optimistic that's why I'm still digging up horseshoes on this old road.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree about positive thinking!
Here's a question for all who knew they were going to find a certain object and did......
Could that not be random intuitive/psychic thoughts?
The object was already there waiting to be found and you got a glimpse of it passing through your mind just before finding it.
That actually has happened often to me and some MD friends.
I'm not saying that the treasure isn't a needle in the haystack and positive thinking lead you to find that needle.....
We do manifest such things but there is some logic to this......
If we were in a pissy mood, then we would most likely not be thinking very clear and therefore have less concentration.
Negative emotions would hinder our abilities but then isn't it just a matter of coming across a good find?
Doesn't finding something good change our mood into positive? :dontknow:
There's millions of variables with metal detecting and we never fully understand why things are they way they are.
I remember that stellar hunt I had last year and I discovered later that I had put my underwear on backwards.
Now every time I go out detecting I dress a little differently......
:tongue3:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I remember that stellar hunt I had last year and I discovered later that I had put my underwear on backwards."

I'm gonna try that Muddy... Maybe I'll skip some of these horseshoes and actually find a rare gold piece in this road or the lost "Golden Horseshoe".

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I totally agree about positive thinking!
Here's a question for all who knew they were going to find a certain object and did......
Could that not be random intuitive/psychic thoughts?
The object was already there waiting to be found and you got a glimpse of it passing through your mind just before finding it.
That actually has happened often to me and some MD friends.
I'm not saying that the treasure isn't a needle in the haystack and positive thinking lead you to find that needle.....
We do manifest such things but there is some logic to this......
If we were in a pissy mood, then we would most likely not be thinking very clear and therefore have less concentration.
Negative emotions would hinder our abilities but then isn't it just a matter of coming across a good find?
Doesn't finding something good change our mood into positive? :dontknow:
There's millions of variables with metal detecting and we never fully understand why things are they way they are.
I remember that stellar hunt I had last year and I discovered later that I had put my underwear on backwards.
Now every time I go out detecting I dress a little differently......
:tongue3:

I thought about that, but I am a cache hunter and I know from experience that 9 out of 10 times, I am going to come up empty! Hay, if I didn't start of on a very positive note, I would not go at all.Frank...-
Z chest.jpg Dream on! If you don't think there is a lot of positive thinking, check out the Fenn Fable thread. Every one thinks they are going to find it. lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread