Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last several days have been murderous, the nights even worse and I am now on antibiotics and pain pills. I had some dental work done back in April that the dentist said was iffy at best and he was right! He had left to see his daughter participate in the Jr Olympics and won't be back until next week. my rear molar on my lower right jaw is very abscessed now and killing me and I am waiting for the antibiotics to do their thing to take the swelling down as well as some of the extreme pain. the tooth can't be extracted until the antibiotics kill the infection anyways so the dentist being off somewhere is mute at this point. The pain killers only work for about two hours and if I am slow about taking the next one, I pay for it for at least thirty minutes or longer. I want to detect so badly but between the tones and just wearing the headsets, it ain't happening. so I do the next best thing at the moment and check the various posts which are awesome for the most part. it is wonderful to see what people are finding and to also be enlightened on so many areas by those who have more experience than me. I have already made up my mind that if the pain lets up even just a little by tomorrow, I am going for as long as I can. the good thing is that once the tooth is pulled, the pain for the most part is gone and quickly forgotten, my brother on the other hand has a broken ankle, torn rotor cuff, very sore ribs and sternum with the very bad case of road rash from his bike wreck last week. so I am doing pretty good in comparison... so hopefully you all will keep posting great finds to keep my mind off this stupid tooth! Thanks for putting up with a slightly deranged dirt digger.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
chew up a clove of garlic and hold the garlic between your cheek and tooth.the garlic will kill the infection faster than the antibiotics.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this i will try right now, thanks my friend!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I forgot to ask, for how long? it actually burns a little.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
yup it does burn,burns hell like sometimes lol.the finer you chew it up the more of the chemical it releases.I started getting an abscess once,my gum started swelling up.I did what i told you and could actually feel the swelling going down.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if you are hurting bad enough, you are willing to try anything, if not, you are obviously not hurting bad enough! that is what I tell people who won't go see a chiropractor who can help most of their problems and usually very quickly. I have always like the natural approach, we have forgotten the old ways of healing using what is naturally out there.

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
you wrote about meeting bob brewer a few days ago. did he tell you a treasure story? I met him in texas 3 years ago. a very impressive man.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! Sorry to hear about your plight!! Hope the Garlic RJc suggested works!! Too Bad your not down here, my son is an Oral Surgeon and could take care of that problem Real Quick!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, Bob didn't tell a story, at least not yet, his wife goes to my church and he shows up every once in a while. I haven't seen him since he told me all of that. He was kind of in a hurry when he stopped and told me what he did. but I am sure that sometime in the future we will have more time to talk, he and his brother were colorful characters most of their lives and Bob still is, just a lot quieter now. it was really nice to see his eyes light up as he told me what he did, memories do that to us as we get older. that is part of why I have always respected those elderly folk, they have seen and done things that we will never know unless they share it with us. the youth of today already knows more than we do and we have very little to teach them or help them with... it is sad indeed.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Verde, I tried to leave a message with your old friend, he is still in business. I will try again sometime after I find where his business actually is.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Home made moonshine worked for me. Killed the infection and numbed the pain. However still had to get it fixed. Feel better, give your brother my best. Lost two friends on bikes. Not their fault but other idiots on the road. Tell him to give it up.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm down myself and living thru everyones finds !!!

My backed popped down low when I jerked my trolling motor out of the boat.....doh !!! Chiropractor got me about back to digging shape but still on the tender side. Swingin the detector isn't recommended therapy right now. *sigh*

went through the abcess tooth thing twice and feel your pain, I doubled up on the antibiotics and pain went away pretty quick.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it was my brother's second bike wreck in abut two years, both times someone pulled out in front of him, they seem to be getting worse each time. I sold mine last year, getting too old and crippled... getting old...er isn't for the faint of heart, you gotta be tough! my mind gets me in trouble now because the ole body screams "YOU FOOL!" then it takes longer to get over my stupidity and hurts worse for longer as well. then you through in the fact that things just quit working and you can't remember anything. and you regret those invincible years that you are now paying for with the constant pain. other than that, these are the GOLDEN YEARS! yeah right!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with oil of cloves for the tooth pain but it won't help the infection much.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your pain dirtlooter! Yeah the mind still feels 26 but the body feels all of 86!
You'll be back soon with no pain and be able to swing in the sunshine before you know it!
I have had several motorcycles and I am still paying for it (with pain) from a crash in my 30's!
Sorry to read about your brother's injuries and your pain!
Best of Luck to you both!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teeth are terrible.I dread a toothache more than I dread having to go to the dentist.Crazy how something so small can cause so much agony! Only thing worse then a tooth hurting is two teeth hurting.Hope your mouth feels better soon, so you can get back out there:icon_thumright:You could try swishing with warm salt water too,It might help a little?I know what you mean about not wanting to hear the tone of your machine,sometimes seems like even sound can agitate a swore tooth.I smashed a alarm clock against the wall one time because my tooth was pulsating with the beep,but I could just be crazy:laughing7:Good luck to you looter,and your brother as well.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I actually use the peroxide as a mouth wash regularly and stepped it up with the tooth ache. I went out today anyways, dug about $3 in clad, a small broke chain, bullets, the usual trash and two keys. felt good to be in the sun and digging again. and thanks everyone. I told my wife that í had become a wuss, how quickly you forget past pain... had brain bleeds for a year or more- very intense headaches as well as a major one-- a ruptured brain aneurism. one thing pain does for you, is to remind you how fantastic feeling good really is and how we fail to fully appreciate it as we should.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually use the peroxide as a mouth wash regularly and stepped it up with the tooth ache. I went out today anyways, dug about $3 in clad, a small broke chain, bullets, the usual trash and two keys. felt good to be in the sun and digging again. and thanks everyone. I told my wife that í had become a wuss, how quickly you forget past pain... had brain bleeds for a year or more- very intense headaches as well as a major one-- a ruptured brain aneurism. one thing pain does for you, is to remind you how fantastic feeling good really is and how we fail to fully appreciate it as we should.
I am guilty of taking things for granite too,like pain!Don't ever realize how good I had it when it wasn't there,and the "good things" don't realize how good they are till there not there anymore.Glad to hear ya got some hunting in.I walked around a little while today,got one plain old flat button,and the usual trash.Get that tooth taken care of and you should be like a new man.:walk:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread